10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-11-26 06:34:31 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
MINNEAPOLIS -- After winning two World Series titles with the Boston Red Sox, Terry Francona knows a thing or two about October baseball. Getting the Cleveland Indians on the cusp of a playoff appearance in his first year with the team just makes it that much sweeter.The Indians pulled into a tie atop the AL wild card standings Friday night, pounding out 17 hits in a 12-6 romp over the Minnesota Twins."Its everything you hope for when you go to spring training," Francona said. "You cant let yourself get ahead,NFL Jerseys China, but the fact that everybodys tired and we cant wait to get back here tomorrow, thats what were here for."With the win and Tampa Bays loss at Toronto, the Indians moved into a tie with the Rays for the two AL wild cards, one game ahead of Texas, which beat Los Angeles. Cleveland has won eight straight and 13 of 15, taking advantage of a schedule that ends with 10 games against Houston,Cheap Jerseys, the Chicago White Sox and the Twins, the three worst teams in the AL this season.Last year the Indians were one of those teams, winning just 68 games and entering the year with low expectations. But after improving to 90-70 on Friday night, Francona wasnt in the mood to look back on the season just yet."Theres time to reminisce when the seasons over. Weve got to show up in about 10 hours and try to get to 91," Francona said. "Im thrilled that were playing for what were playing for."Carlos Santana and Asdrubal Cabrera both had two doubles and Jason Kipnis was a homer short of the cycle as the Indians jumped out to a 7-0 lead and knocked out Twins starter Pedro Hernandez (3-3) in the second inning."He just had a bad night," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said of his rookie left-hander. "They were all over him right from the get-go. Kind of non-stop."By the time the second inning was over,jerseys china, the Indians had four doubles and a triple, and the first seven hitters in their batting order had at least one hit."I think you just have to give credit to our lineup tonight," said Indians centre fielder Drew Stubbs, who went 2 for 4 with a two-run homer in the ninth inning. "We came out and when we got good pitches to hit we put good swings on them and gave ourselves a pretty good cushion."Ryan Raburn singled in two runs in the second, and Mike Aviles added a two-run single in the fifth for the Indians, who went 7 for 12 with runners in scoring position.Indians starter Corey Kluber (11-5) managed to win his fifth straight decision. He started the game with three scoreless innings, but then allowed 10 of the next 16 hitters to reach and was knocked out with one out in the sixth. Kluber gave up six earned runs and 10 hits, but walked only one and struck out five."I felt like mechanically I was there," Kluber said. "I felt good physically. I think the last couple of innings I just fell behind a couple guys and got a couple balls up."The Twins scratched back thanks to Pedro Florimons two-run homer in the fifth, and after Alex Presley dumped a two-run single into left field with two outs in the sixth, the Twins had climbed within 9-6.Five relievers then combined to shut out the Twins over the final 3 2-3 innings. Cleveland right-hander Justin Masterson threw a scoreless eighth as he works his way back from a strained left oblique that sidelined him for three weeks.The Indians tacked on three more runs in the last two innings, courtesy of an RBI double by Kipnis and Stubbs 10th homer of the season, a two-run blast to left that made him the 10th Indian to reach double figures in home runs this year."The way the wind was shifting the ball started carrying," Francona said. "They get to 9-6 and you dont want to be in a situation where a mistake can cost you a game. The guys kept grinding and thats good."In the end,Cheap Jerseys China, Francona was left deciding how to spend the few hours between the end of Fridays 3 1-2 hour marathon and the start of Saturdays matinee."I just want to keep playing. I dont want to go home. I dont care where we play, when we play,Cheap Jerseys, I just want to keep playing," he said. "I ought to just sit here and stay in my uni because Im probably not going to sleep a heck of a lot."NOTES: With their 6-5 victory over Minnesota on Thursday, the Indians improved their record in one-run games to 30-17, the best mark in the major leagues. . Twins C Josmil Pinto left the game after being hit on the right hand with a pitch in the fourth inning. Precautionary X-rays were negative and hes considered day-to-day with a bruised hand. . The Indians will send LHP Scott Kazmir (9-9) to the mound against Minnesota RHP Cole De Vries (0-1) on Saturday.        Eugenie Bouchard will make her tournament debut in Montreal tonight when she takes on qualifier Shelby Rogers at the Rogers Cup. Bouchard, a native of nearby Westmount,Andrew Desjardins Jersey, QC, will be playing her first match since losing her first career Grand Slam final last month.Despite being defeated in straight sets by Petra Kvitova in the Wimbledon final, the 20-year-old is looking forward to taking what she learned from loss into a new tournament."I was disappointed to lose in the final," Bouchard said Sunday. "I expect a lot from myself and I felt I could have done better, but it was a huge learning experience in the end. After a couple of days I was able to reflect. I felt I played a good two weeks and I was proud of that,China Chicago Cubs Jerseys, for sure, but coming so close to achieving a dream just motivated me more. Im really excited to finish the year strong. Well see what happens."Bouchard, the tournaments fifth seed and ranked eighth in the world,Cheap NFL Jerseys, had a bye to the tournaments second round. Rogers won two qualifying matches to enter the tournaments main draw before defeating Ajla Tomljanovic 6-4, 7-6  on Monday.  ddThe Wimbledon finalist has been the most consistent player in womens tennis this year, and is only the only woman to have reached the semifinal round at each of the years first three major tournaments.She entered the year ranked 32nd in the world and rose to seventh after Wimbledon before falling back one spot from taking a month off. Bouchard will now set her sights on reclaiming her seventh spot, and moving further up the rankings."After making the top 20, in the back of my head, Im saying lets get to top 10,Wholesale Jerseys, " Bouchard said. "Now, the next step is top 5."Its about slowly building. I dont want to worry too much about specific ranking goals, but its motivating to see your number improve. I just want to be a better tennis player by the end of the year. Im working hard and I think I can achieve that."Bouchard will have a tough road to winning the Montreal tournament. She is in the same quarter of the draw as top-ranked Serena Williams and the same half of the draw as Maria Sharapova, who defeated her in the French Open semifinal.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 05:02 , Processed in 0.065001 second(s), 26 queries .