10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-13 22:02:33 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
…divers recover his bodyAfter an all night ‘Angels in White” party, the devil must have really been mad and so unleashed his furyCollis Mentison one patron, whose vehicle slammed into the northern section of the Mackenzie/ Wismar bridge and disappeared in the murky Demerara River below.The vehicle GRR4634, and its driver, 35-year-old Collis Mentis aka Thom, a Linden businessman,Wholesale Authentic NFL Jerseys, were retrieved from the depths of the river more than three hours later.The vehicle Collis Mentis was driving after it was pulled from the river.The accident occurred shortly after 8:00 hrs yesterday, and resulted in a traffic build up on both sides of the river for more than three hours.According to reports, Mentis,Cheap Hockey Jerseys, a resident of Fairs Rust,Brett Hull Red Wings Jersey, Mackenzie, Linden, had minutes earlier left the Christianburg Community Centre ground, where he had attended the all night party.One of his friends said he had spoken to Mentis a few minutes before the accident.“I was gaffing with him; then Dowie,China Jerseys Cheap, a worker, came up and started to ride alongside his vehicle and was telling him not to drive too fast, because he didn’t want to have to carry any message.“Anyway I left and went up the hill, and they continued down the road. Dowie stopped at the boat landing and Collis went up the road to cross the bridge. The next thing I hear is he in an accident”.Eyewitnesses said that Mentis’ vehicle was travelling at a fast rate, and then it suddenly careened off the bridge.A taxi driver claimed,Jerseys From China, “I was driving behind this man, and he was going pretty fast, then the next thing I see is the vehicle in the river going down, and they had all these bubbles. I get confused right away,Nike NFL Jerseys China, and really frustrated because you’re watching this thing happening and there is nothing you could do, because I can’t even swim.”As news of the accident spread like wild fire, people rushed to the scene and converged on the bridge.Others lined the river’s edge as several men in boats scoured the river bottom in their efforts to rescue the man.Two men, Knolly John and Chucky Barker, dived to the bottom and found theResidents in boats scoured the river bottom in their efforts to rescue the man.vehicle which they secured with ropes.It was later retrieved from the river by a crane, which was deployed to the scene by Bosai INC.According to Barker the area where the vehicle went down was about 25 feet deep and the vehicle had sunk into a deep hole, so its extraction necessitated mechanical help.After the vehicle was brought to the surface, Mentis was quickly taken out and rushed in one of the boats, to the Linden hospital Complex, where another huge crowd had flocked. Pandemonium broke out as relatives and friends wailed uncontrollably.But all along there was speculation that he was still alive, and relatives and friends were praying fervently that he would make it.He was however pronounced dead soon after.Regional Chairman Sharma Solomon said the accident was most unfortunate, and that it highlighted the need to put in place a proper first response unit, and emergency response system.“It’s a good opportunity for us to identify a number of deficiencies we could rectifyTbe broken rail of the Mackenzie/ Wismar bridge.so that in the future, even if such things could not be prevented, we could  at least respond appropriately.At the level of the RDC these are lessons which we have to take note of, and put measures in place to improve on services that would ensure that lives are saved.Solomon called Mentis an enterprising businessman, who was in the process of establishing one of the most prominent business places in Linden.APNU Parliamentarian, Rennis Morian, emphasized the need for disaster preparedness in Region Ten.“I have been emphasizing the need for disaster preparedness for over five years now in Region Ten; we have roads, we have rivers, so we have to put systems in place for any sort of eventuality.Now there is somebody overboard and there is no diving equipment or anything.Once there is a bridge spanning a river, disaster preparedness necessitates that appropriate gear should be in place, and easily accessible for rescue operations.“This should be a wake up call for all of us.”Colette Fraser, Mentis’s mother, was too distraught to speak to theThe scene at the bridge after news of the accident spread.media. (Enid Joaquin)
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 08:40 , Processed in 0.069286 second(s), 26 queries .