帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-14 21:03:32 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
One of the functions of the National Insurance Scheme (NIS) is the provision of old age pension toPensioner George Neddretired Guyanese above the age of 60.  Citizens become eligible for old age pension after working for at least 15 years, and have made the required payment of contributions for that period.At minimum,Jerseys NFL China, one’s contributions should add up to 750 allowing them to receive a monthly pension after the NIS has conducted the necessary investigations into that individual’s work history.  However, for some persons, although contributions have exceeded the minimum requirements, thus allowing them to collect their due pension, the NIS seems apprehensive to cash in these payments.Such is the case for former Police Officer George Roland Nedd. According to Nedd, he has been paying contributions to the institution since 1970 until his retirement in 2010.The retiree has worked not only as a police officer, but in Sea Defence and as a Regional Democratic Chairman for Region Two. As it stands, Nedd’s contributions have exceeded the minimum 750 contributions,Jerseys NFL Cheap, to over 1000. This would therefore make him eligible to receive monthly pensions above the current minimum payment.While this should be the case, Nedd has reported to this publication that four years after his retirement he is yet to receive his due pension.“They’ve been telling me one thing over and over for the past four years,” said the 64-year-old, with records of his contributions in hand. Despite having in his possession the necessary paperwork to validate his payment of contributions, Nedd explained that nothing has come out of his matter.According to Nedd, he has been behind the NIS about his contribution for the last four years and has received no response as to an increase in his monthly old age pension.“Every time I go to NIS, they tell me to check back. And every time I check back,Cheap Hockey Jerseys, I don’t get a response from anybody,” said the former Regional Chairman.In the best of circumstances,Cheap Jerseys From China, this could be considered an isolated incident subject to some human error, however Nedd’s plights comes at a time when the NIS faces an uphill battle in public favour.Nedd is not alone in his years of appeal to the NIS,Wholesale China Jerseys, for receiving due payment. Ian De France is another retiree saying that the NIS is preventing him from receiving his correct monthly pension. The 67-year-old says that he has been back and forth with the NIS for over 10 years in order to get his contributions right.De France related his frustrations as he has made four appeals to the NIS in relation to his contributions,Wholesale Jerseys, since his retirement in 2007. He had been working since 1964, with contributions amounting to over 900.He has since been behind the NIS with his necessary paperwork and proof of contribution payments to sort out the matter. Much like Nedd, De France explained that the institution has been very unhelpful in his situation.“Since 2004 I’ve been behind NIS to get conditions right with my pension,” said De France, yet again with documentation to prove his claims. His proof of contributions came from the compilation of his personal pay slips reaching as far back as the 1970s. De France has also had an eclectic work life, spending most of his years employed at Omai Mines.De France further showed that he had been working for above the cut-off point for contributions which would validate his contribution claims. The pensioner has even resorted to writing to the NIS Chairman, Dr Roger Luncheon, about his concerns. He presented a letter of acknowledgment from the Chairman, but has not come closer to resolving the issue surrounding his monthly pension.However, after a decade of back and forth, De France stated that they just have him “running around” with his haversack full of payment slips.“My main concern is: why are these people not responding to my appeals?” expressed a noticeably vexed De France. He subsequently outlined his various medical ailments, saying his pension is vital for him to receive treatment. “I need it.”The cases of De France and Nedd come as Presidential Candidate,  Brigadier (retired) David Granger, contesting in the May 11 General and Regional Elections, has called for a “overhaul” of the NIS. Granger expressed his opinion after a question on the efficiency of the institution was asked at a public forum earlier this week. Granger posited that the NIS needs a review of its entire operations, to meet the goals it was meant to achieve when it was set up some 40 years ago.Attempts to reach the NIS yesterday for a comment on both matters proved unsuccessful. (Nicholas Peters)
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 15:01 , Processed in 0.073616 second(s), 26 queries .