9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-17 00:48:13 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
As water continues to recede in flood affected areas, farmers of Canals Number One and Twowill now have to wait until the rainy period passes before they can recommence planting crops.In Canal No.1 Polder, most of the cash crops were either badly damaged or destroyed after being under water for weeks.While they suffered severe losses, a majority of the Canal No.1 farmers are content with the actions of the Region Three administration and the Agriculture Ministry in cleaning their canal.“The Ministry them doing good now, the internal drains and channels okay, desilting going on and a lot of water recede already. As for flooding,NFL Jerseys China, you can’t stop that,” said Damodar, a farmer in the area.He told Kaieteur News on Thursday that although they are accustomed to being flood-hit,Jerseys NFL China, this recent disaster was more than they catered for.Another farmer,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, who identified himself as Harripaul, explained that he too suffered a lot of losses this round.While the previous heavy rainfall didn’t affect him as much, this period was by far the worst experience he has had in years.His yard and farm were still flooded out yesterday.Meanwhile, the farmers in Canal No.2 shared mixed views, since they recently suffered tremendous losses due to flooding in December, last.“We aren’t asking for any money,Wholesale Jerseys China, what we want is help, and I, like other farmers stated so at meetings with the Ministry of Agriculture,” said Nohar, a well-known farmer in the area.“They said they’ll give any assistance people need and we said we don’t want money that we want the area cleaned,” he added.“I lost an acre and half of cassava too. I just hope we don’t have to go through all this again,” Nohar lamented.Kaieteur News was further told by other farmers that the water from a neighbouring village added to their distress.They alleged that the water in that village was being channeled through their canal and this pushed the water level higher as the situation worsened.“ They don’t have proper drainage there. Is a set of farmers who get leased land there and I don’t know how, but the water end up getting channeled through our canal and make our flood worse,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic,” said an aggravated farmer.This newspaper understands that while several farmers are hoping that the worst is over, they cannot replant until they are certain the weather pattern has positively changed.“We does depend on we farming to fall back on when times hard. I have children going to school and my husband doesn’t have a job right now. We had thought that we would have made it through with our income from crops and fruits but now it’s useless. We lost everything,” lamented one housewife.While most farmers expressed their satisfaction with the work being completed by the Ministry of Agriculture,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, some were annoyed that the clearing of the canal was not completed before the rains began.“If only they had cleaned this canal properly and kept it clean. I don’t know if it is the Ministry or the Region directly in charge of that but somebody needs to ensure.I mean we does pay taxes and all so they need to do it. Now we have to suffer the consequences of what could have been prevented,Soccer Jerseys From China,” added a mother of two.A few of the farmers who were coming out of the backdam when Kaieteur News arrived stated that all of their produce was lost, especially the thousands of pineapples and cassava even though the water level had dropped.“The water take too long to go down. It only now start draining off. Imagine we crops under water for like 10 days straight. Even some of the big trees them suffered and dying. While we thankful for the sun and the work being done, we already lose out. It was only December gone when we lose everything and had started back fresh now and look what happened,Cheap NFL Jerseys,” complained the men.Kaieteur News understands also that other farmers lost most of their poultry.Although some survived the flood waters,Nike NFL Jerseys China, farmers say it may not be long before the remainder of the poultry stocks die off.(Kristen Macklingam)
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 23:14 , Processed in 0.081907 second(s), 28 queries .