9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-19 04:04:52 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– cry foul as City Constabulary threatens to do it again A group of Middle Road, East La Penitence vendors are crying foul after they were forced to vacate road stall positions they had held for the past five years, apparently as a result of a crackdown by the city constabulary.The exercise was reported to have been conducted at 4:00AM, as the vendors were putting out their produce. While some were taken completely by surprise, vendor Patricia Bharrat is contending that the exercise resulted in an actual scuffle between her and one of the constables that caused her to be detained.According to one vendor, Rishi Roopnarine of Canal No. Two,Wholesale Jerseys China, approximately 12 ranks from the City Constabulary came and ordered them to relocate around the corner, where he was adamant no one shops. The group of vendors all revealed that they made no sales for the period of time they sold yesterday – 5:00AM to 12:00 noon.The group related that they just represented a section of the vendors affected by the move. They related that some 50 other vendors were forced to relocate, but the blow of having their livelihood in limbo had caused them to go home and contemplate their next move.The group of vendors after they related their concernsRoopnarine stated that by 12:00 hrs there was a large amount of perishables that were left back as the day’s sales were unprofitable.Bibi Nafeeza, another vendor,Soccer Jerseys From China, related that after demanding an explanation from the city constables for their actions,Cheap NFL Jerseys co, the constables informed them that their instructions came from the higher authorities.“I would like them to give me a day, because on Sunday’s I have my children to look after. I have two little boys,Deion Sanders Falcons Jersey, plus I am pregnant and I would like this market to help me out,” the frustrated vendor implored.“It is not whole day market. It starts from 4:00 am and we finish selling at twelve o’clock and we go home. And we all clean up our spaces; we pay (vagrants) to do so,Wholesale China Jerseys,” she said.The woman related after having to move, there was less space for her to put out her goods than before. In addition,Jerseys From China, her regular customers could not find her and thus sales were dramatically reduced.“I have to find money to pay my suppliers when they come with their bills, as much as $200,000. Right now I have all my goods on my table. I am pleading with them to give us back our normal spot.”Nafeeza, who did admit that she was forewarned by revenue collection a week back of the need to relocate, also related that she was warned yesterday by a constable not to put back her load as she would pay a $10,000 fine and her goods would be seized.Meanwhile, another vendor stated that a little while after they would have moved their items,Wholesale Jerseys, other persons came and occupied the previously coveted spots until the close of the market day.Loaknauth Chand of Marupa,Cheap Jerseys From China, East Bank Essequibo declared the move as an unjust one. A farmer for 30 years, he pointed out that many vendors had perishable goods they bought but would not be able to sell now.“What do they want us to do,Wholesale NFL China Jerseys, thief? Because you buy your load and you can’t sell it. I have 12 tubs of ripe banana getting black,” he said.Patricia Bharrat, who has also been a vendor at that spot for some five years, related that the Constabulary came in their pickups to first order them to move. When vendors were deemed slow in obeying these instructions, the ranks would reportedly return and load the produce into the back of their trucks themselves to be transported to the new spot.A few weeks ago vendors at the Bourda Market had their stalls demolished by the City Council. This came after years of being warned to improve their stalls or remove. These vendors, some of whom occupied their spots for 40 years, were left almost unprepared.The Mayor and City Council is currently involved in a cleanup campaign aimed at improving the scenery of Georgetown.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 15:14 , Processed in 0.067301 second(s), 28 queries .