9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-20 04:17:28 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Nigel Torres was only 17 when his life was brutally snuffed out at a mining camp in the Berbice River.His charred remains, and those of his seven colleagues were discovered at Lindo creek on June 21, seven years ago.For his mother Guanette Torres it has been seven long years.“I want them to know what they took away from me.He was my baby, he was so loving, if he was alive today, I would not have to be working so hard. He would’ve been taking care of me.”Nigel TorresTorres disclosed during an emotional telephone interview,Jerseys From China, that she will forever regret her decision, ‘’to bring Nigel back from down the river’’ where he was staying with his sister.“I wanted him to come back home, because the area where he was, was not too nice- there was a lot of marijuana and so on,Cheap NFL Jerseys, and I did not want him to get involved in that, but is best I de leave he right there.”Torres said that shortly after returning home, her son decided to join the Arokium crew that had been mining at Lindo Creek. As a mother, she noted that she did not mind, as she knew most of the men, since they often visited her home.“I felt that my son was safe because he was with people we knew.”Her world was shattered after receiving the dreadful news the day the bodies were found.She is however not convinced that it was the Rondel Rawlins (Fineman) gang that had carried out the gruesome massacre.Torres said that a bloody mallet that was found in the trail leading to the Arokium camp belonged to her. She had loaned it to the men. “I sometimes wonder,China Jerseys Cheap, if the blood on it belonged to my son- if whoever kill he- kill he with me own mallet and then bun he body.The still distraught mother said that she has spoken to persons that spoke to an alleged eyewitness to the gruesome crime.She however admits that she does not know the eyewitness.But Torres believes that the real motive for the massacre was robbery, as information had somehow leaked out that the men had shortly before “washed down” and so had in their possession a quantity of gold and diamonds.She compares the tragedy to the fate suffered by one Dwieve Ramdass, who was murdered in August 2009 somewhere along the Essequibo River by Coast Guards, who subsequently dumped his body.Ramdass had in his possession a huge sum of cash,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, some of which was recovered at the home of one of the suspects.The three ex-Guyana Defence Force Coast Guard ranks  were in July 2013 all found guilty of the murder and sentenced to death.Guantette Torres now believes that it is time that those responsible for her son’s murder and also that of his colleagues,Custom Raptors Jersey, be brought to justice.“I want to see a full commission of enquiry set up to get to the bottom of this thing.“For too long this issue sweep under the carpet, nobody cares- nobody bothers, but only he that feels it knows it; and I feel this thing to me heart, I want the previous administration to provide answers. I want them to see the face of my son- how young he was- how full of life.When they take his life,Alex Bregman Jersey, they take a piece of mine!Jackie Arokium, who lost her son Dax and her brother in law, Cedric, in that mayhem which to date is still being considered as one of the major mysteries of the crime wave, is also demanding that there be a commission of enquiry.The remains of the eight murdered miners were packed in three coffins, and were interred in three marked graves in the Le Repentir Cemetery following a brief ceremony attended only by the parents of Nigel Torres.Only three names, Nigel Torres, Bunny Harry and Clifton Wong were marked on the coffins provided and relatives had questioned why the other miners were not so considered.The other miners murdered were Dax Arokium and his uncle Cedric, Compton Speirs, Horace Drakes and Lancelot Lee.  The burial took place in September 2012, four years after the tragedy.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 01:26 , Processed in 0.063422 second(s), 26 queries .