10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-21 17:25:15 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Rehanna RamsayFor more than a decade,NFL Jerseys China Online, the Rotary Club of Georgetown has been actively involved in molding hundreds of young minds via its literacy programme.Despite various challenges, the literacy programme has been in existence for nearly 14 years.  The group targets children in underprivileged communities such Sophia and its surrounding areas.“We have had many success stories since our founding. The work requires faith and patience; it is quite tedious at times but we, who volunteer here,Andre Branch Dolphins Jersey, are pleased to be a part of shaping these individuals into respectable human beings for society.“We don’t just teach them to read and write, we also have courses in etiquette and manners as well as a penny banking, teaching them how to save,” one volunteer, Odassia Forde, stated.Forde,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, a teacher by profession, was speaking at a presentation ceremony whereby the group was receiving donations from one of its few contributors,NFL Jerseys Cheap China, the Guyana Oil Company (GUYOIL).A monetary donation was presented by a representative of GUYOIL, Ms Jacklyn James. In her remarks, James said that the oil company recognizes the importance of literacy in society thus becoming a sponsor has been a privilege throughout the years.Marva Moses, a single parent from Dennis Street, Sophia,Marlon Humphrey Jersey, spoke of the positive impact that the initiative has had on the lives of her four children.“I have had all four of my children pass through this literacy programme and it’s been very beneficial to them in developing their reading and writing …it gave them an opportunity that most single parents like me cannot afford to give their children.”Now Moses says that she can be proud of what her children have become. “It’s mostly because of this kind of programme that my children have turned out successful in life. My eldest child is currently at UG pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. The next one is in the GDF while the other two are in secondary school.”The woman expressed extreme gratitude for the initiative. “I would encourage persons to support this effort because it gives children a balanced educational base and affords parents like myself the opportunity to give their children the kind of scope that they may not be able to otherwise offer them.”“I would volunteer here from time to time because it’s a great opportunity to give back to a program that has given me so much.”Spearheading the operation is Dr Quacy Grant, President of the Georgetown Rotaract Club. Grant said that the programme facilitates about 50 students aged five to 11 and sometimes older. He says that courses have one year duration for each child, but there are times when students are allowed to repeat.“We meet every Saturday at the Sophia Exhibition Site; we have about 40 students that come here with approximately seven volunteers which include Rotaractors and two teachers. We don’t just give them lessons in literacy but we teach about our country and so forth; we want to make them well rounded individuals.”“With more sponsors we could do much, so our programme could expand to benefit more children. We currently have three main contributors we have GUYOIL,Artemi Panarin Jersey, while Maggie’s catering and Shanta’s Puri Shop provide the children with meals after each session.”Grant also lauded the Ministry of Culture Youth and Sport for providing much needed space that is currently utilized as learning quarters.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 16:14 , Processed in 0.072634 second(s), 28 queries .