9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-22 07:17:59 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
–says he was slandered, libeled after endorsing AFCBusinessman,Kyle Korver Hawks Jersey, Robert Badal, who recently came out and endorsed the Alliance For Change (AFC),Deion Jones Falcons Jersey, has sued TVG’s Evening News and the Guyana Chronicle for in excess of $30M for slander and libel aired and printed by those two media houses.According to court documents,Brad Richards Red Wings Jersey, Channel 28, owned by Television Guyana Inc. and the Guyana Chronicle, a state-owned entity, committed the offences earlier this month, shortly after Badal endorsed the AFC.Badal is the Managing Director of the Guyana Pegasus hotel and the Guyana Stockfeeds Ltd. Representing Badal in the matter is Attorney-at-law, Nigel Hughes.The businessman is also asking for damages in excess of $100,NBA Authentic Jerseys,000 for libel contained in an article entitled “Robert Badal joins AFC” published in the Guyana Chronicle on the November 3, 2011 and on the Evening News aired the previous day.He also asked for an injunction barring the defendants or their representatives from further publishing the same or similar statements that may have similar effects on the plaintiff.In his claim, Badal is contending that the Guyana Pegasus is Guyana’s premiere hotel and that he has been an investor and entrepreneur in excess of 25 years.The businessman said that he operates corporate entities in Guyana which are worth in excess of US$20M in Guyana and enjoys a good reputation in the business community,China Jerseys Cheap, locally and internationally.On the November 2,Deion Sanders Falcons Jersey, he publicly endorsed the AFC at a press conference held at the party’s headquarters in Fourth Street, Campbellville.“On the Evening News broadcast on the 2nd November 2011, the first named defendant (Evening News) published the following statements “that Robert Badal was involved in questionable business practices” and (Robert Badal) “had mistreated his employees at the Guyana Pegasus.”The next day, the Guyana Chronicle published an article titled “Robert Badal joins AFC” but stated his dealings or “arrangements have always been questionable”.“The said statements are false and have no basis in fact. In their natural and ordinary meaning the said words meant that I was involved in criminal and or unethical business practices and that I had mistreated my employees at the Guyana Pegasus. There are no grounds for the defendants’ suggestion that I have been anything less than scrupulous in my business dealings or that I have ever mistreated or caused to be mistreated any employee.”Regarding insinuations that his acquisition of the Guyana Stockfeeds Limited was questionable, Badal denied this in his court documents.“My acquisition of the shares in Guyana Stockfeeds Ltd. along with the subsequent management of the said company has always been compliant with the provisions of the Companies Act and all other pertinent legislation.“I am advised by my attorney at law and verily believe that the said statements are scandalous and libelous.”Badal expressed fears that the defendants will repeat the statements if not restrained by an order of the court.“I will suffer irreparable harm if the defendants are not restrained from repeating their slander and defamation. I am advised by my Attorney at law and verily believe that damages would not be an adequate remedy.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 03:36 , Processed in 0.087583 second(s), 28 queries .