10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-27 21:01:33 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Jacquey BourneEleven members were inducted as a new Local Board of Guardians, an extended arm of the Ministry of Social Protection, on Thursday at the Egbert Benjamin Conference Centre, Linden.Local Board of GuardiansThe Board members – Orlando Roland, Coretta Brathwaithe Walton, Stanley Collins, Sandra Adams, Faye Allicock and Berneita Primo. Kwakwani – Mavis Lewis, Kurt Simon and Denisha Jeffrey, and Ituni – Keisha Griffith and Gail Adolph.Delivering the feature address was Minister of Social Protection, Volda Lawrence. She said the task of the Board is critical to help them to achieve their objective.She said that the Ministry has an overarching issue to address and that is poverty.“I have noticed that over the years that this particular arm of the Ministry has not impacted our communities as it ought to. I don’t want the new Board to come in and do what the old Board was doing.”In sharing the vision of the Ministry and the Government as a whole,Andre Branch Dolphins Jersey, Minister Lawrence that said some people need help in a holistic way and they are here to serve.“Poverty has no face, race, religious or political persuasion and I’m very serious about that. This is Guyana; One People,Fernando Rodney Jersey, One nation and this Government is forging for One Destiny…. That is a good life for all.”Minister Lawrence told the Board Members that their decisions must be evidence-based and not by perception. “I am not saying that you must wear your heart on your sleeve but you must walk with your heart. Please allow people to walk away with their dignity.”Minister Lawrence reminded the newly installed Board members that they are not a law unto themselves and that they are not the probation officers.“You are just Board members. The Probation Officers are the professionals and so you have to develop a relationship with the Welfare Officers. You must have information to share to come to a decision.“We don’t want to take up time with problems so get it right.”  She posited that each child must go to school so that is one reason for a child to get public assistance. She also warned the Board Members that sometimes they have to look their friends and family in the eye and say, “You don’t qualify”.Region Ten Chairman, Renis Morian, also shared the sentiments of the Minister. He said that the Board members have an important job to do and that he is very happy that a new Board is installed.“I’m tired of complaints from residents, people with children and some people I know based on the criteria you have qualified for support.”Morian said that it is a job that calls for human acts and he is happy to see new faces that will look at the challenges people are facing and help to bring stability and help to them.He said that Region Ten is no different to the other Regions and the situation is very peculiar and urged them as they become involved in the lives of people to make them feel secure.“Your actions can make people and can break people. While your actions would be in support of people and I want to extend it by saying as we talk to those persons help them to see that there is a better life ahead.“All the persons who have given up on the system, who have given up on life. So the needs of a lot of persons might not be a voucher, their needs might be hearing from somebody who might offer a word of advice.“As Chairman,Artemi Panarin Jersey, I know how important it is just to hear somebody. Somebody just want somebody to listen to what they are going through and some people don’t even have the answer but all they want is for somebody to hear them and along the way you might get the answer.“So I’m saying that your job is just not about a voucher, your job entails thinking ahead and giving a word of advice, patting somebody on the shoulder,Cheap Jerseys From China, shaking somebody arm and saying,Marlon Humphrey Jersey, ‘Look I’m with you’.”He reiterated that he was very happy to see a new Board installed because he knew what happened with the past Boards. “People driving car getting public assistance. Your task is without political connections,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, race, colour and creed.”The Regional Chairman urged them to discharge their responsibility in an environment of Humanity, peace and kindness.Also present were the Minister within the Ministry responsible for Labour, Keith Scott; Director of Social Services Wentworth Tanner; Direction of Child Protection Ann Greene; Member of Parliament, John Adams; among others.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 21:14 , Processed in 0.068467 second(s), 28 queries .