10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-29 21:22:31 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
It was a reminiscent occasion yesterday when Plenipotentiary Representative Designate of Canada to Caricom,NFL Jerseys China Online, Mr Francois Montour, handed over his letter of credence to Secretary General of the Caricom Secretariat, Dr Edwin Carrington.Montour’s introduction marks the fourth such appointment since the Caribbean Community granted Canada the auspicious privilege in 2002.In accepting Montour’s letter of credence yesterday the Secretary General noted that “it is with special pleasure that I welcome you on this occasion to the Caricom Secretariat…This is the day that I am pleased to receive you for the presentation of your credentials…”Dr Carrington sought to extol the relationship between Canada and the English Speaking members of the Caribbean Community, describing it as a long standing, historical and special one. In fact, he noted that it is characterised by common values,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, mutual respect and quite often by support for each other’s view points on a number of issues.And this special relationship he disclosed has its roots as early as the late 17th century when Canadian flour and codfish and Caribbean Rum constituted the backbone of the trade between the Canadian Maritime Provinces and the West Indian colonies. These ties, Dr Carrington, underscored were formalised in 1912 with a trade arrangement that resulted in the movement of goods between Canada and most of the British West Indies at preferential tariff rates.The ties were further cemented in 1925 through the Canada/West Indies trade agreement which provided for lower tariffs on an increased number of goods entering Canada from the Anglophone Caribbean. That 1925 agreement also included a protocol establishing a Commonwealth/Caribbean/Canada trade and economic committee to consult on trade, financial and related manner.Dr Carrington noted that “this was the forerunner to the 1979 Caricom/Canada Trade and Economic Agreement which among other things established the Caricom/Canada Joint Trade and Economic Committee (JTEC); an institutional arrangement which has served to bolster and deepen our relations.”According to the Secretary General, Canada’s direct support of the Caribbean Community’s integration and the economic development of the region has been substantive and significant.In brief remarks, Ambassador Montour noted that “I am honoured to take on this responsibility” even as he revealed that Canada values the long friendly relationship it has with the member states of Caricom.“The Caricom states are not only countries of refuge for our thousands of tourists who are escaping our harsh winters every year…They are also economic partners with Canada since as far back as they 19th century with the rum and molasses trade, the long standing presence of Canadian Banks in the Region, the insurance and other investments and more recently, the Canadian investments in the extra sectors in several of the member states.”Caricom States, according to him,Marlon Humphrey Jersey, are also important partners in terms of political cooperation and people-to-people links. In addition, he noted that several generations of Caricom students have studied in Canada over the years.And it was due to the intense collaboration, Montour revealed, that during the fifth Summit of the Americas in Trinidad and Tobago in April 2009, Prime Minister Stephen Harper had declared that the Americas are, and will remain, a foreign policy priority for Canada.In addition, he revealed that Prime Minister Harper has since committed to a new focus on Canada’s role in the Americas, with a concentration on the Caribbean. In support of this commitment,NFL Jerseys Cheap China, the government of Canada has doubled its provision for development assistance to Cdn$600M over a ten-year period via a Caribbean Regional programme being developed through the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA),Artemi Panarin Jersey, Montour added.According to the Ambassador, the new programme will help institutional capacity of the Caribbean Regional Institutions and encourage greater regional integration.“More concretely, CIDA’s Caribbean Trade and Competitiveness Programme (valued at $15M) is supporting newly acceding states to participate fully in the Common Single Market and Economy. My government has recently supported the re-capitalisation of the Caribbean Development Bank at a level of 150 percent of its current capital level. This re-capitalisation will provide the resources required by the Bank while allowing the institution’s absorption capacity to grow at a reasonable pace,” Montour asserted.According to Montour, the Government of Canada remains committed to working with partners in the region to build the best possible future for the Caribbean.“As I begin my mission as Canada’s representative to Caricom, I am well aware of the importance of the task at hand and I look forward to working with you and your staff to further deepen the Canada/Caricom relationship for the benefit of our citizens,Deion Jones Falcons Jersey, Montour noted.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 07:06 , Processed in 0.067243 second(s), 26 queries .