9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-30 21:58:44 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Long-serving Mayor of Georgetown Hamilton Green has urged the citizenry to remain patient as “monumental” restoration efforts commence in the city.Appreciation was showered upon Mayor of Georgetown Hamilton Green on Monday during a simple ceremony in his office.Mayor Green made the call during an appreciation ceremony held in his office yesterday. His comments come a few days after President David Granger gave the directive for cleanup exercises in Georgetown.During the simple ceremony, Green stated that City Hall had “been under the hammer for 23 years” while the then governing PPP/C ruled. He added that personally he and his family had experienced hardships and opined that the new administration was a “victory for all of us and our children and our children’s children.”He continued, “I stayed on because I believe Guyana is strong and worth it; I’ve worked quietly over the years to see the end of this era.” He further said that many persons had been in the struggle and he urged these to remain patient.“I ask you to be patient for the next few months. I just had a meeting with my staff… to restore Georgetown alone is a monumental effort. All the outfall channels have to cleaned,Custom Raptors Jersey, culverts dealt with, we have to get the pumps working,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, and this is happening in the May/June rains,NFL Jerseys China Cheap,” Green said.Furthermore,Jerseys From China, Green said that his team will be interfacing with the public and the business community and will have the cooperation of the new government.“My hope is that by Christmas this year, we should see a new city and a new people,Brett Hull Red Wings Jersey,” Green said to loud applause.‘It will take time’Outside of issues affecting the city,Wholesale Jerseys From China, Mayor Green also looked at social issues affecting the citizenry, particularly youths and women.According to Green,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, more emphasis needed to be placed on interacting with young people who have gone astray.“We must know that our work is for the young people and we have to put out the hand of friendship, provided the understanding of the direction we’re going,” he said.He noted that improvement might not happen immediately but he opined that efforts should nonetheless be made.He said too that education was pivotal if Guyana was to see the change it needs.“That will mean re-training our teachers, fixing our schools; not have a school with a $40M contract and you get $10M work. When we give a contract for $40M, it will be $40M of work and value,” Green emphasised. He went on, “That will take time; it will also take time to produce our scholars,Arizona Diamondbacks Gregor Blanco Jersey, our engineers,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, our doctors, and our technicians…if an oil company comes here, we’re going to need secretaries, technicians, accountants so if our people are not qualified, we’re back to the vicious circle where the only jobs we can get is that of a security guard, a cleaner and to push a wheelbarrow. I don’t want that to happen so we’ve got a big job on our hands.”He also said that for too long women have suffered under the previous administration. “Women have to hustle to make ends meet…but this is a new opportunity for us to save our country. We have a lot of work to do but thank God that we now have a government that will support our efforts.“As we stretch our hands out to people, if they come in line, we welcome them; if they can’t come in line, it’s out the door, the window, anywhere.  Because we can’t tolerate stupidness,” Green emphasised.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 14:21 , Processed in 0.072713 second(s), 28 queries .