4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-31 00:19:10 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By: Kiana Wilburg President David A. Granger has vowed that his government- A Partnership for National Unity plusPresident,Cheap Soccer Jerseys,David GrangerAlliance for Change (APNU+AFC)-would not make the same mistakes committed by the People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C).The APNU+AFC had been extremely harsh in its criticisms of the PPP/C when it held office for over 20 years. The outgoing government was accused by the APNU+AFC of failing to hold its Ministers accountable for cases which suggested that they acted outside of the law.  It was also accused of preventing the APNU+AFC even during the election campaign season of having fair access to the state media.In the concluding edition (Part Four) of a very detailed interview Granger did with Kaieteur News on Saturday last, he comments on these very areas.The President disclosed how he intends to ensure his ministers will be held accountable,Jerseys From China, how he will deal with access to the State media now that the PPP/C is on the Opposition bench and the importance of ensuring access to information.Kaieteur News (KN): The APNU+AFC complained on several occasions about not being able to access coverage for its events through state agencies like GINA and NCN. Will you allow the PPP/C now in opposition to enjoy what was not extended to you?President David Granger (P.DG):  These agencies are paid for by the state and I can promise you that they will be made open to the opposition and government. Under my watch, there will be free and fair access to the media. I am not into seeking revenge. I am not going to suppress their voice because of their actions when we were in opposition. If I do then I would be adopting the very behaviour I spoke against or condemned. This government is about change and we will restore democracy and support the freedom of expression.KN: Sir,Andrew Franks Dolphins Jersey, your government has been critical over the years of the failure of former President Donald Ramotar to ensure that his Ministers were held accountable. How do you intend to show that your government in this regard will be different?P.DG: Our government will be one of difference and I will be able to demonstrate that there will be accountability in my administration. To ensure this, I have drafted a Code of Conduct which they will all sign on to and be called on to adhere to it. Misbehavior would not be tolerated.KN: Considering what you and your own designated ministers have experienced with the past administration,Soccer Jerseys From China, will we see your government committing to respecting the access to information legislation?P.DG: Access to information is dependent on the attitude of the government and I believe that it should be available to the public even if there is no legislation. Access to information is an important aspect to democracy and if the people are informed and opposition is informed, the government can be more transparent and accountable as well as more efficient.So that for me is central to democracy. Once government’s business reaches to a stage of being murky and the people are demanding information and you are denying them that right then you will run into problems like we did with Skeldon Sugar estate,Wholesale Jerseys, Specialty hospital,Nike NFL Jerseys China, the failed fibre optic cable project, the Marriott hotel,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, the expansion project for the Cheddi Jagan International Airport, and the Amaila Falls Hydro Project.That is what happens when there is no openness. That happens when you try to hide the truth from the people. You end up with costly mistakes such as those projects so once there is more scrutiny, officials will be way more careful. I intend to run a government grounded in transparency and accountability. We are serving the people and keeping them in the know will prove that we mean what we say.KN: And finally President Granger, what is your message to the nation?P.DG: I simply want to say that we are on the road to building national unity and I intend to run an administration for the good of the people regardless of who they voted for and we must continue to work along this route. It is time for reconciliation.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 04:12 , Processed in 0.071155 second(s), 26 queries .