4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-7-31 05:23:20 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The two persons implicated in the mob killing of Enterprise, East Coast Demerara businessman, Kumar Mohabir led their defence yesterday and pleaded their innocence.Kumar MohabirSubsequent to a no case submission which was overruled by Justice Navindra Singh the two accused, Devon Thomas and Randy Isaac stood in the prisoner’s dock and submitted statements in their defence.Holding copies of the Quran close to their chests, the men pleaded that they are innocent of the charge before the judge and jury.The duo is charged with the murder of Mohabir, called “Duksy” and “Fire Link” of Lot 7 Fernandes Street, Enterprise, East Coast Demerara (ECD), who was attacked and brutally stabbed by a group of men on Vlissengen Road, Georgetown, on February 23, 2013.The man, who operated a tent rental business at his residence, was attacked after he went to the location to collect a tent he rented to his neighbours for the Republic Day celebrations.He was stabbed by a group of intoxicated persons, armed with broken bottles. The businessman was subsequently rushed to the Woodlands Hospital where he died while receiving treatment.Following the incident, the victim’s older brother, Navindra Mohabir who was also wounded in the attack identified the two suspects as the persons who participated in the incident which led to his sibling’s demise.In his defence yesterday, Thomas told the court that on February 23, 2013 he went to work, returned home and then preceded to Georgetown in a minibus.The accused said that he stopped off at Selena’s bar at the seawalls where he stayed  until 9:00 pm. Thomas said at that time, he had a problem getting transportation to his home, which is located on the East Coast of Demerara (ECD) .He said that he was forced to join a canter truck which dropped him off at Industry, ECD.Thus, Thomas said that he had to finish the rest of his journey on foot.   Thomas told the court that he was in route to his home when he was attacked and robbed by three masked bandits.  He explained that the incident occurred after he took a decision to use the Ogle Access Road as a short cut to his home. The men, he said, carted off a chain he was wearing.The man said after the robbery, he headed to his house and his brother -in-law took him to the Woodlands Hospital since he had sustained a wound during his encounter with the robbers.  Thomas said that at the hospital, he received sutures and returned home. He told the court that it was two hours later,Andrew Franks Dolphins Jersey, that police came to his residence and arrested him and his brother -in- law regarding a murder.Thomas said he knew nothing about the incident. “: I am innocent of this charge I will like to go home …My grandfather is not feeling well I would like to look after him,” the accused said.Meanwhile Isaac, the second named accused claimed that he did not even know his co-accused (Thomas) until he was charged for the murder and brought before the court.The accused told the court that he participated in Mashramani celebrations that year but he was only among a group of persons dancing; he maintained he knows nothing of the stabbing incident.Isaac related that he was just 17 years old when he was arrested for the crime—a few short months after leaving school. Isaac noted too that after he was arrested, the police placed him on an identification parade with persons who looked nothing like him.“It was bare junkies and destitutes,” Isaac said of the persons placed on the ID parade.The 19 year- old accused told the judge and jury that he was taken away from his home and family, locked up, and he wishes to return home to them.“I was taken from my parents for two years because of an improper investigation that the police carried out…I miss my mother and father very much,” he said.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 06:23 , Processed in 0.064212 second(s), 28 queries .