10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-8-2 20:56:32 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Fareeza HaniffI have always dreamt about visiting the famous Taj Mahal one day, but not in a million years did I think it would have happened so quickly. I heard people talking about it before saying how fantastic it is, but I always thought that they were exaggerating.The famous Taj MahalBut my thoughts of exaggeration changed when I saw the Taj Mahal with my own eyes, as I was literally left with my mouth wide opened at the architectural beauty. I was speechless because I had never seen such magnificent construction before.The structure was so white and shining that I just couldn’t believe that something could be so white. I kept asking, ‘Why is it so white?’ It was then that I was told that the Taj was built entirely of white marble.I was not the only person to visit the Taj Mahal for the first time that day as there was another media colleague of mine, Monika Singh, from Fiji, whom I met on the trip. She was also selected by the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs in India to provide coverage for the Seventh Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in Chennai, India, along with 11other journalists from countries like Holland,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, London,Cheap NFL Jerseys, Australia, South Africa,Cheap NFL Jerseys 2016, Malaysia, Mauritius,Wholesale Jerseys, U.S.A, Canada, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago among others.I was the youngest journalist on the trip and I must say that I learnt a lot from the others who were all much older than me and have been in the business for over five years. During our tour of the Taj Mahal, which is located in Agra, India, I learnt that it is regarded as one of the eight wonders of the world, and that some Western historians have noted that its architectural beauty has never been surpassed.It was built by the Mughals, who were the Muslim rulers of India and who went by the name of Emperor Shah Jahan. This emperor died in 1666.The group of journalists posing in front of the magnificent Taj Mahal.The Emperor built the structure in the memory of his dear wife and Queen, Mumtaz Mahal. I also found out that the words “Taj Mahal” meant “Crown Palace” and that it houses the grave of Queen Mumtaz Mahal in the lower chamber. The grave of Shah Jahan was added later.The queen’s real name was Arjumand Banu. In the tradition of the Mughals, important ladies of the royal family were given another name at their marriage or at some other significant event in their lives, and that new name was commonly used by the public. Shah Jahan’s real name was Shahab-ud-din, and he was known as Prince Khurram before ascending to the throne in 1628.The Taj Mahal was constructed over a period of twenty-two years, employing 20,Cheap Jerseys Online,000 workers. It was completed in 1648 C.E. at a cost of 32 million rupees. The construction documents show that its master architect was Ustad ‘Isa, the renowned Islamic architect of his time.The documents contain names of those employed and the inventory of construction materials and their origin. Expert craftsmen from Delhi, Qannauj, Lahore, and Multan were employed. In addition, many renowned Muslim craftsmen from Baghdad, Shiraz and Bukhara worked on many specialized tasks.The Taj stands on a raised, square platform (186 feet square) with its four corners truncated, forming an unequal octagon. The architectural design uses the interlocking arabesque concept, in which each element stands on its own and perfectly integrates with the main structure. It uses the principles of self-replicating geometry and a symmetry of architectural elements.The entire structure,Andy Pettitte Jersey, inside as well as outside, is decorated with inlaid design of flowers and calligraphy using precious gems such as agate and jasper. The main archways, chiseled with passages from the Holy Qur’an and the bold scroll work of flowery pattern,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, give a captivating charm to its beauty.The Taj is a part of a vast complex comprising of a main gateway, an elaborate garden, a mosque,Cheap Jerseys From China, a guest house and several other palatial buildings. The Taj is at the farthest end of the complex, with the river Jamuna behind it.I stood in front of this structure and stared at it for approximately fifteen minutes, taking in the entirety of its beauty. I still could not believe that I was this lucky to visit the Taj Mahal.I must extend my gratitude to the officials at the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs and the Indian High Commission in Guyana along with my boss,Throwback Jerseys, Mr. Glenn Lall for granting me the opportunity to visit one of the eight wonders of the world and for making one of my dreams come true.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 00:34 , Processed in 0.058980 second(s), 28 queries .