10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-12-1 17:07:45 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
BACKYARD BABIES and MICHAEL MONROE guitarist Dregen (real name: Andreas Tyrone Svensson) will release his debut solo album on September 25 via Universal Music in Sweden. The CD will be issued via Spinefarm Records in the U.K. on September 30.The official video for the album's first single, "Just Like That", can be seen below. The song received its world premiere on August 10 on Swedish national radio P3. It was then released on August 14.Titled simply "Dregen", this 10-track release is a modern take on an era when rock music came ready-dipped in decadence and glamor; when the commercial and the credible could sit comfortably side by side; when albums were a great 35 minutes over 2 sides of vinyl rather than fleshed out with filler; when backing vocals were big and brash and (feather) boa'd; when heels & musicians were generally high; when emotion and entertainment were the driving forces,Marvin Williams Hornets Swingman Jersey, and when lifestyle was king…Produced by Dregen and Pär Wiksten (THE WANNADIES), Dregen's first solo venture in a 25-year career that has seen him at the core of such internationally acclaimed acts as BACKYARD BABIES and THE HELLACOPTERS features all new material, and is a contemporary and inventive distillation of the Stockholm-based guitarist's far-reaching record collection.As well as being a key and original member of both BACKYARD BABIES and THE HELLACOPTERS, Dregen has also lent his skills to projects as diverse as INFINITE MASS ('70s-inspired,Washington Nationals Stephen Strasburg Jersey, "Scarface"-lovin' sleaze-funk), SUPERSHIT666 (spontaneous rock'n'roll distortion with various WILDHEARTS and HELLACOPTERS members keepin' the needle maxed) and Michael Monroe's touring and recording band (the sleeve concept for MM's forthcoming "Horns And Halos" album is his, too), so it's no great surprise that the aforementioned collection is both lovingly-compiled and built on punk as much as rock, jazz as much as blues…"Y'know, that was the hardest part," recalls Dregen. "I was staring at my records for over a year,Clint Dempsey Jersey, thinking, 'How the fuck can I get the vibe from KISS,Boston Red Sox Christian Vazquez Jersey, SLAYER, THE BEASTIE BOYS and Miles Davis into one single record?' But I did it, and it sounds very much like me. It's a high-energy rock 'n' roll album with the greatest songs I have written and recorded."As for the musicians involved, Nicke Andersson (former ENTOMBED mainman/drummer, co-founder of THE HELLACOPTERS and now the driving force behind IMPERIAL STATE ELECTRIC) plays drums, bass and rhythm guitar on three tracks,Ronde Barber Buccaneers Jersey, where he also gets a co-write credit. Other featured musicians include drummer Karl Rockfist (MICHAEL MONROE, DANZIG), and bassists Sami Yaffa (HANOI ROCKS, NEW YORK DOLLS, JOAN JETT, MICHAEL MONROE) and John Calabrese (DANKO JONES),Boston Red Sox Craig Kimbrel Jersey, with Dregen taking care of all guitar and vocal parts, and Danko Jones and Swedish female singer Titiyo adding occasional support at the mic.However, it's the reunion with Nicke that will doubtless mean most to rock 'n' roll fans the world over…"It's true," reflects Dregen,Isaiah Thomas Celtics Jersey, "Something magic always happens when we play and write together. I don't know what it is,Artem Anisimov Jersey, but there is definitely something special there. Nicke is one of my all-time favorite drummers, and we haven't really worked this closely since the early HELLACOPTERS days…"Recorded for the most part in Pär Wiksten's Hospital1 studio in Stockholm, with mixing handled by Michael Ilbert at the legendary Hansa Tonstudio in Berlin, these 10 tracks come in a variety of hues and colours, moods and textures, veering from hard-hitting blues ("Flat Tyre On a Muddy Road"), through sinewy, snake-hipped funk ("6-10") and onto kool,Dan Hampton Bears Jersey, KISS-inspired strut 'n' roll ("Mojo's Gone").Like Dregen the man, "Dregen" the album is hard to sum up in an easy phrase; what we have here is a multi-tiered collection of from-the-heart songs — songs packed with retro-chic, glam-rock glitter, and shapes 'n' sounds that are modern without chasing trend."Dregen" track listing:01. Divisons Of Me02. Just Like That03. Flat Tyre On A Muddy Road04. Gig Pig05. Pink Hearse06. Bad Situation07. One Man Army08. 6-1009. Refuse10. Mojo's GoneDregen is currently assembling a touring band to take the above songs out on the road; no one is 100 per cent confirmed as yet ("They'll be great musicians, though — promise!"), but it's likely that those selected will be charged to learn a few "rusty earrings" from the Dregen past, making this a rock 'n' roll show happy to celebrate glories past whilst still keeping both eyes squarely on the road ahead. And, of course, a tattooed, white-knuckle grip on the wheel.BACKYARD BABIES announced in November 2009 that they were going on an indefinite hiatus after completing a European tour.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 15:29 , Processed in 0.064717 second(s), 26 queries .