4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-8-20 23:47:43 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Rehanna Ramsay “Remove the stigma and discrimination often attached to those who are visually impaired and more so differently abled, see our potential, give us a chance, and help us to make our mark in society”This is Anthony Robinson’s message to the public as Guyana shares another observance of Blind Awareness Month.At just 22 years old, Robinson is completely blind but says he “is prepared for any challenge that life tosses his way.”Robinson is currently a student of Guyana’s Society for the Blind’s Caribbean Secondary Examination Council‘s, (CSEC) class.He explains that “it is people’s lack of confidence and support that assists in further crippling persons with disabilities.” Robinson views the development of disabled persons, as playing a pivotal role inAnthony Robinson at his work deskshaping the country’s future.“Disabled people are just like everybody else. It is just that their lives have been altered in one way or another. This doesn’t mean that you have the right to write them off or exclude them from civilisation.”Characterized by drive and ambition,Corey Crawford Jersey, Robinson oozes confidence. He reminisced that the most difficult part of his life was accepting that he would never be able to see again.Robinson was not born blind. “I was preparing to sit the common entrance exam to go into Secondary School when I did the surgery; I became completely blind afterwards. At first I had difficulty accepting it but my family and friends, at that time, gave me support and showed me that it’s not the end of the world. They encouraged me not to give up.“Although being blind hindered me for a while, I decided to fight, to face the world again.”  The surgical intervention he underwent was to remove cataract.Robinson, who hails from Plaisance,Dede Westbrook Jaguars Jersey, would then attend the St Roses institute for the blind and study Braille for three years.  There, he met students like himself, who further fostered his desire to develop.Robinson recalled that those years were somewhat challenging since his mother was a single parent raising eight children on her own. None-the- less he persevered.“I looked at this as an opportunity to nurture my independence I learnt to do everything on my own.”The unit later transferred Robinson to the Guyana Society for the Blind,Vince Carter Magic Jersey, where he is under the mentorship of Ganesh Singh, a visually impaired tutor. At present, Robinson is being taught courses in Human and Social Biology, Office Administration, Social Studies,Cleveland Indians Edwin Encarnacion Jersey, English Language, and Principles of Business while computer training is a bonus feature of the course.These courses are preparing him for the upcoming CSEC exams. These lessons are made possible through the use of JAWS, a software technology designed to teach the blind.Curious about how a blind person can write any exam, Robinson told me that in such instances,NBA Authentic Jerseys, the student can request a writer or type the answers using the same software technology.Upon successfully completing the CSEC exams, Robinson plans to enter the world of work. His desire is to become a teacher but not just any teacher. He says, “I want to be able to impart to people with disabilities like me the same knowledge that I was given.”Once again,Nathan Peterman Womens Jersey, the young man who loves dogs,Neville Hewitt Dolphins Jersey, noted that he plans to lead a normal life and future despite his lack of sight.“I want to teach and have my own property and family like everyone else. I cook, I cut up meat and vegetables, I do my laundry, I wash the dishes, I clean the house and everything on my own. If my family and those around didn’t believe in me I would never have been able to do these simple things”Robinson’s desire is to change people’s attitude towards the blind and differently abled.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 19:31 , Processed in 0.067356 second(s), 26 queries .