9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-8-28 13:52:15 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
More than a week after flood waters destroyed over 6,000 chickens at the Number 57 Village farm, re-migrants Bibi Hussain and her husband, Rasheed,Lukas Podolski Jersey, say they are being given the ‘royal runaround’ and empty promises by the relevant authorities with regards to compensation of some sort.They are contemplating whether to remain in Guyana or leave.The Hussains standing in front of their inundated chicken farm two Sundays agoEfforts to contact Livestock Officer, Garfield Maharally, proved futile. Another Livestock Officer, Dharmendranauth Ramnauth, said that he could not speak to a reporter and could be disciplined for doing so.Several areas along the Upper Corentyne area were under water last Sunday,Kevin Hayes Rangers Jersey, with Numbers 51-62 Villages being the hardest hit areas. Residents found the flooding strange, since heavier rains had pounded the area before but no such flooding was experienced.Sources have said that the areas under water could have been as a result of negligence on the part of the local authority,Lance Alworth Chargers Jersey, since the sluice was opened too late.Chairman of the Neighbourhood Democratic Council, Abdool Ghannie, while denying the claim, did say that the sluice was opened “half an hour late” but could not have caused all that flooding. He added that he was informed that a “tornado” had passed through the Corentyne River and had swept up the water in the affected areas. Residents say that he is talking “garbage”.The Hussains have estimated a loss of over $3M. Mrs. Hussain was feverishly trying to raise awareness of the matter during all of last week but was only getting promises. She said that she spoke with Garfield Maharally, a Livestock Officer, who promised to visit the farm “and to overlook what happened”.She was informed by one of the workers on her farm that an individual did visit the farm and measured the pens and took photos. “While he (Garfield) was with me on the phone, another guy,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, Ramnauth, said that he was in charge of Garfield and that he was going to write up a letter for me to take to the Ministry of Agriculture”.The woman said that the individuals did give her their cell phone numbers should she need further advice and information. “I never get back to them; and there was no response”.She said that she spoke with former Region Six Chairman, Zulfikar Mustapha, and explained the problem. “He told me to get a letter from the NDC Chairman Ghannie and when I called Ghannie,Wayne Gretzky Jersey, he told me that when he went to my farm, he saw no dead chickens”.Hussain said that she explained to him that she had to clean up the dead chickens or they would have created a health hazard. She said that Ghannie was unreasonable if he expected to turn up at the farm days after the flooding and see the dead chickens.“He said I am giving him a hard time but I told him,Adriano Barcelona Jersey, “no” and he said he cannot give me a letter to take to the Agriculture Ministry because he did not see any dead chicken”.Mrs Hussain is convinced she is being fooled. “So far, I don’t think they want to help with anything. I don’t know who is this Ramnauth; I don’t know where he lives…but Garfield told me he lives somewhere on the Corentyne, but he [Ramnauth] said he is the one who is in charge of Garfield…I never met them just talked to them on the phone”.The woman said that she is not leaving the matter hanging. “I am going to go out for them because it can’t happen like that…it’s not our fault— rain fell heavier than that, which everybody knows— there is a blockage somewhere, either coming from the sluice and we heard the Number 52 and 65 kokers were closed…So why didn’t they go and do their work —open the sluice on time?”“There is something fishy out there because it’s either they didn’t do the right work and they are trying to blame it on the rain, but no matter how hard that rain fall,Andre Reed Bills Jersey, there is never,Craig Biggio Astros Jersey, ever a flooding at the back there”, she argued.Mrs Hussain believes their efforts will in the end be futile, from what she has heard from other farmers and their experiences. Farmers end up getting back nothing from the government.The Hussains said that since the flooding,Pablo Sandoval Red Sox Jersey, they have not been able to restart operations since the ground in the pen is still soggy and messy “you can’t even get in the pen”.“I don’t feel like staying in Guyana anymore, because it’s like, you are right and you are wrong, too.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 17:59 , Processed in 0.071159 second(s), 26 queries .