10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-9-1 07:10:46 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
…Suriname police handling matterChairman of the Upper Corentyne Fishermen’s Co-op Society, Pravinchandra Deodat,Charlie Blackmon Rockies Jersey, has refuted the statements by the Guyana Defence Force (GDF) on the response of the GDF to the piracy attack in the Corentyne River on Tuesday.Deodat has stated that the army and police have no reason to be upset that suspected pirates caught in the Corentyne River on Tuesday were handed over to the Surinamese police. In fact, Deodat has said that the police here should be thankful that the pirates were quickly apprehended and arrested.Pravinchandra DeodatThe army has expressed concern over reports alleging that inaction by the Coast Guard led to four persons held by some fishermen being handed over to Surinamese authorities. The four were reportedly nabbed after botched hijacking and robberies at sea on Tuesday.Deodat,Todd Helton Rockies Jersey, yesterday,Josh Hart Villanova Jersey, related a harrowing tale that occurred on the high seas Tuesday afternoon when he and the pirates exchanged gunfire in a high and intense drama along the Corentyne River in the Eversham area.He also expressed his frustration while calling for the Guyana Police Force (GPF) and Coast Guard for assistance when he reported to this newspaper that phones were ringing our while other landlines were engaged.Deodat stated that around 10:00 hrs on Tuesday he received a report from one of the boat owners, Jaichand Gopaul, that fishermen were being robbed at sea. “I got a call that the hijackers were still on the water.”“I tried to get the Police Commander and his Secretary said he was not in,Kris Jenkins Villanova Jersey, neither was the Deputy Commander. I tried the number of the Officer-in-Charge of Crime for 25 minutes and the phone was busy.“It’s so shameful that we the local authorities failed to respond when they getting paid to do this kind of work. A lot of the people in the disciplinary forces are playing politics with people’s livelihood—they have to do their work because taxpayers’ monies are paying them and people deserve service.”Deodat said that his patience was running out so he telephoned the Coast Guard (name given) who told him that they needed “support from the police”,Enrique Hernandez Jersey, before acting on the complaint.“We were running in circles….so we arranged to go out ourselves.”He and five others traveled to the high seas armed with guns. “Outside at Whim, we recognized one of the boats owned by one of our fishermen and the pirates were in control of that boat.”Deodat and his team exchanged gunfire with the pirates whose boat was a way off. “We went behind them and exchanged some rounds and the water was so rough…and it was a very difficult task because they had four men in the boat with them and it was difficult to determine who the hijackers were and who the fishermen were.”Deodat noted that the pirates then sought cover inside the boat compartment after which he [Deodat] ordered them to come out with their hands held high. Gaining control of the situation, Deodat and his team approached the hijackers’ boat and cautiously observed them [the hijackers and fishermen] as they [the pirates] revealed themselves.So he ordered the fishermen to separate themselves from the pirates, which they subsequently did. “I told them that if they did not tell me the truth, everyone will die.”The pirates were then tied by the other fishermen while Deodat once more telephoned the Coast Guard for assistance. “The thing looked so shameful that while I was exchanging gunfire, I called again on the Coast Guard (Mr. Burnett),Haason Reddick Jersey, telling him that we needed backup, and he said he will get assistance and nobody never came. I stick in the water close to two hours circling, waiting, and thinking we will get support but nothing!”Deodat also recognized the pirate’s boat as belonging to a popular fisherman at Number 43 Village,Cheap Uconn Huskies Jerseys, Corentyne. Deodat stated that the ordeal lasted around three hours and he finally telephoned Surinamese authorities who promptly arrived on the scene and took the four pirates into custody.All of the fishermen, too, were taken to Nickerie,Ryan Suter Jersey, Suriname where they remain to this day, assisting the Surinamese police with investigations. Deodat stated that the pirates had one weapon and four cutlasses while he and his team had four guns.“We continued to load the gun and we ensured that we had a lot of rounds because our manpower was less.”“Luck played in our favour that day. It could have been worst…we were fewer but we still overpower them. I will try my best to support the fishermen and I am willing to work with any agency to do the people’s jobs.”Deodat also claimed that since the incident,Glen Rice Hornets Throwback Jersey, he is receiving a lot of death threats from individuals purporting to be in support with the pirate boat owner. “He say ‘now war start’”.The police over there held an ID Parade on Wednesday and the fishermen positively identified the pirates.Deodat stated that he and his men risked their lives that day but it was well worth it.“The pirates confessed that they go and robbed these people so the Surinamese Authorities and I exchanged communication.”He stated that further investigations are continuing whereby the police over there are also focusing on the aspect of whether the pirates were ever involved in recent hijacking incidents and murder of fishermen along the Corentyne River.Deodat stated that the boat that was donated a few years ago by Minister Robert Persaud to fight piracy was used during the operation on Tuesday.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 20:06 , Processed in 0.079650 second(s), 26 queries .