10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-9-9 13:02:42 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Keeran Danny Another Christmas and I’m pregnant again! Thankfully, this time I’m in my first trimester. So instead of waiting for my ‘water bag’ to burst I can put my feet up and relax.Waking up to freshly prepared pepper-pot and homemade bread may sound like the traditional Christmas breakfast, but for me eating has become a chore.  With the wide variety of delicacies available, my taste buds have a serious challenge. In the end, I may settle for a glass of milk and a slice of fruit cake. Keeping that down may be another challenge.Perhaps a blessing in disguise though, because like last year,NFL Jerseys China, I would not be lifting a finger to help prepare Christmas lunch, which is usually the highlight of Christmas Day. Excused from the unwelcoming scent of food being cooked and chores, I would watch movies. Nothing says Christmas like those Home Alone movies that never seem to get boring. Ideally, that is how a holiday should be spent- relaxing with lots of laughter.I recall that last Christmas my only chore was to pace the house. I was advised to walk, since exercise would help to make my labour experience “easy”. Oh boy was that concept skewed! My impending delivery held my family’s Christmas celebration hostage. My mom didn’t even bake cake out of the fear that I would go into labour. She was excited,NFL Jerseys From China, I rather suspect more than me.But, going into labour would not have been the icing on my cake if I had any.Whilst speaking to other mothers recently at clinic for this feature made me realize that my last Christmas’ experience was not unique- that is, for at least the first time pregnant mothers.They too were pampered and excused from toiling to make the Christmas holiday festive. They were not tasked with going through the real Guyanese tradition of tedious general house cleaning, putting up decorations,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, and cooking.They too were thankful for the rest and the constant nudging in their tummies. I can totally relate to that. When everyone was taken up with their various activities the precious little one in my tummy kept my company. Ever so often he did summersaults,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, stretched and ‘played football.’ Those moments were more special than the wonderful presents received. In a way, he was the best Christmas gift. After all he is a gift from God.Somehow mothers in their second trimester seem to have an easier time enjoying the festive season. Many of them rejoiced that the nauseous phase of their pregnancies was over. And, everyday activities and interactions were not restricted. Early morning church service was a delightful experience. They were also fortunate to participate in most activities except for naps during the day.The seasoned mothers had quite a different story to tell. And, perhaps listening to their experiences made me grateful that my husband is not fussy about Christmas. Some mothers,Cheap Jerseys From China, even though being nine-months pregnant,Wholesale Jerseys From China, took up the Christmas torch. I must say hats off to them. They have to be bionic women to weigh 200 -odd pounds, be experiencing constant pains and still make Christmas celebrations possible for their families.The possibility of their water bag being ruptured did not stop their celebrations. Knowledgeable of the labour process- even what the timings of contractions meant- having a packed bag for the hospital was all they really needed. Their common aim was to give their children and husbands a delightful day. I guess that is what mothers do: selflessly give to their children and loved ones.Giving birth is indeed a gift from God. And, that is exactly why Christmas is celebrated around the world. This festive season commemorates the birth of Jesus Christ. He was born in Bethlehem in Judea, to the Virgin Mary.To my fellow mothers have a Merry Christmas and a reproductive New Year!
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 19:31 , Processed in 0.070053 second(s), 26 queries .