4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-9-16 00:11:31 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Fareeza HaniffThe vessel, ‘Miss Lisa’ currently moored behind the Ruimveldt Police Station. After more than one year now since five fishing vessels were seized by the Suriname authorities for alleged illegal operations in its waters, the vessels have now appeared in Guyana, with one of them being seized by the police.From all indications, the Foreign Affairs Ministry has no idea of the condition under which the vessels were released as they are still awaiting confirmation from the authorities in Suriname.But one of the vessels, “Miss Lisa” is said to be owned by one Suresh Moonilall, of 117 North Vryheid’s Lust, East Coast Demerara.Moonilall, who visited Kaieteur News yesterday,Cheap NFL Jerseys co, explained that since May of 2008,Cheap NFL Jerseys, five vessels were seized by the Suriname authorities after they were found to be fishing illegally in that territory. Of the five vessels, four were said to be owned by one establishment.For the entire year,Wholesale Jerseys, Moonilall said that his vessel, ‘Miss Lisa’ was in Suriname with no indication as to when he would get it back.But surprisingly, on Saturday last (November 7th), one of his workers who was at the Guyana Fisheries Limited wharf spotted the vessel being towed in the river by another vessel owned by the entity that had its four vessels seized.A few minutes later, Moonilall said he received a radio communication from a male individual (name given) who claimed to be working with the company, indicating that the vessel was in their possession.According to Moonilall,NFL Jerseys China Cheap, he met with the man who explained to him that his employer paid a total of US$2,Jerseys NFL China,500 for each of the vessels from the Suriname authorities.It was noted that the man then showed him a document typed in Dutch, which he claimed were the ownership papers for the vessels.Meanwhile,NFL Jerseys Outlet, Moonilall added that on the following day (Sunday, November 8th, 2009) he made contact with the owner of the establishment himself via cell phone. During that conversation, Moonilall said that the man explained that he (Moonilall) needs to pay a substantial sum of money in order to retrieve his vessel.“I call (name given) and he tell me that if I want my boat, then I have to pay US$40,000 for it,” Moonilall told Kaieteur News.Since the man is not willing to pay this huge sum for the vessel, Moonilall then made a report to the Ruimveldt Police Station, where the vessel was seized by the police yesterday.It was noted that the police took a statement from the man who originally contacted Moonilall, and he submitted the same document typed in Dutch to the police claiming that the vessel was bought in Suriname.While Moonilall lauded the cooperation he has been receiving from the police officers investigating the matter, he urged for the relevant authorities to look into this matter with some amount of urgency since the vessel is his only means of income.“We want somebody in authority to look into this situation because it is an old boat and I want it to do my work…and he (the establishment owner) has no documents saying that this boat is his.”While this is taking place, Moonilall added that he made contact with the Foreign Affairs Ministry and the Fisheries Department, who both explained to him that they have no idea how the vessels arrived in Guyana,Cheap Jerseys Authentic, although it was confiscated in Suriname.Efforts made by this newspaper last evening to make contact with owner of the other vessels to clarify the situation, proved futile.In late May of last year, some 20 Guyanese fishermen were arrested for fishing illegally in Suriname waters, as local fishermen there complained that they were being harassed by their Guyanese counterparts. Five vessels were also seized.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 09:42 , Processed in 0.066731 second(s), 26 queries .