4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-9-18 11:51:53 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
“He might have done it a bit gleefully,Cheap Jerseys From China,” said Prime Minister Samuel Hinds of former President Bharrat Jagdeo’s issuance of five radio frequencies to his ‘best friend’ Bobby Ramroop.The Prime Minister was at the time responding to questions at a People’s Progressive Party Civic (PPP/C) press conference yesterday about the fairness of the issuance of radio licences in November 2011 to persons favoured by the former President before he demitted office.At the Freedom House, Robb Street,wholesale nfl jerseys, Georgetown,Cheap Jerseys From China Online, forum, the Prime Minister explained to reporters that it is his understanding that the issuance of the frequencies to Ramroop was in fact one that was compelled by the courts.“It originated with the Vieira Communication and Television (VCT) and then judgement was given and the president was more or less compelled to issue that licence.”Elaborating on the issuance of multiple frequencies to licensees such as Ramroop, the Prime Minister calmly noted,Cheap Jerseys, “I don’t see it as five frequencies, I see it as what is needed for a particular service; if I want to put a service across Guyana I need sets of frequencies particularly for FM and for TV…and I have to work out how it hops from one place to another,” he explained.He also sought to highlight that the process of licences issuance was certainly not one that was intended to be “comprehensive and exhaustive” even as he noted that with the establishment of the Guyana National Broadcasting Authority (GNBA) this process now falls within its realm.According to Hinds all those who are desirous of having the privilege of having licences can do so through the GNBA.He said that the body is currently processing a number of applications and “I hope that it will be completed soon. Let’s have 100 radio stations and 40,CHeap NFL Jerseys China, 50 new TV stations…I would say that I hope in two or three years time everybody will get their licences and this would have been just a little blip in the story.”The fact that several persons are seeking to be licensed, according to Hinds, is nothing strange. When the ruling administration came to power in 1992 “we were faced…with applications from almost every village along the Coast for local radio and I must say at the time many Indo groups and persons felt that they weren’t having equal access.”Hinds, who was at the time functioning in the capacity of Minister responsible for the National Frequency Management Unit (NFMU), said that Government at the time was tremendously pressured as it relates to offering the radio service.“We resisted in those times also but we now have the GNBA which is the authority set up and working so let’s have it,” said the Prime Minister.Turning his attention to reports that Jamaica is seeking to be compensated for its frequencies,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, the Prime Minister noted that Governments are known to receive revenue by a variety of means and therefore can take various policy positions.The Guyana Government, he noted,NFL Jerseys Supply, took the policy position of not issuing its various broadcasting licences by way of auction. “We think that it was a sound position bearing in mind that there was no tradition of big bucks being made in this area in Guyana.”He said that the Guyana Government has in fact sought to garner its revenues through annual fees for frequency utilisation and from percentages of (broadcasters’) gross revenues.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 01:59 , Processed in 0.075780 second(s), 26 queries .