4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-9-19 09:09:36 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
When Seshnarayan Dwarka received a call that his seven-year-old son had nearly drowned and was hospitalized, his heart momentarily stopped.Seshnarayan Dwarka and his son, JustinSince then, the boy has been recovering, but the father is still seeking answers as to how his son fell overboard, right in front of his school.There are reports that there was no help from any of the school officials.According to Dwarka, his son Justin is a second grade student of the Vreed-en-Hoop Primary School. The father explained that last Wednesday around lunchtime his son was waiting outside of the school to be picked up. The boy was standing on the bridge when a group of playing students approached. At first, the play was simple but it eventually became so boisterous that Justin was pushed overboard.Though his fall was noticed, no one immediately came to his rescue. Instead, the older students dispersed, leaving the boy to fight for his life in the trench. He was noticed by a stranger, Stefon La Rose. At the time, La Rose was passing in a minibus when he noticed the boy struggling in the water.La Rose explained that he quickly disembarked stripped off most of his clothing and jumped into the water to save the boy. Though Justin was still alive, La Rose said the boy was barely breathing.“He was just struggling to breathe. Eventually I had to give him CPR and then he coughed up all the water he had swallowed. After that he came around more,” La Rose said. Nonetheless, Justin needed medical attention and was rushed to a nearby hospital by a public spirited citizen.During the entire ordeal, no official from the boy’s school had been on hand, Dwarka said.“Imagine all of this happening to my son and not a single teacher was there to help.”Stefon La RoseHe explained that he eventually received a call from the school, nearly an hour after the entire incident, to inform him that his son was hospitalized. He said, too, that despite eyewitness reports which indicated that his son had been in the water for nearly 15 minutes, the school was attempting to downplay the incident by claiming it had only been a minute.“The school is very, very slack and the teachers are trying to cover up this whole thing,” a frustrated Dwarka said.He expressed disappointment with the school’s administration and called for improved security.“The school would have PTA meetings and parents would complain about all the different problems. Every time we would be promised stuff but nothing ever happens,Cheap Jerseys NFL China,” he said.He said that complaints had been raised about the condition of the school bridge, which he said was unsafe, particularly for the younger pupils.He explained that the school provides security only in the evenings, while the young children are forced to cross the busy roads with no assistance. He said that it is particularly difficult for the children who just entered the school from the nursery level.“I now have three children attending the school so I’ve been dealing with this school for years,” Dwarka said.He added that he had raised his son’s recent near death experience on at least two occasions with the Headmaster, but was simply told that the matter would be dealt with.Doubting that he would receive satisfaction from the school, Dwarka said he lodged a complaint with the West Coast Demerara Welfare Department of the Ministry of Education.However, he also met with difficulties there and though promises had been made to investigate the matter, no probe has been conducted as yet, he said.He is holding out hope that an investigation would be launched and a course of action would be decided upon by the Ministry.“I can’t sleep properly at night and I can’t eat well because I’m just thinking about how my son could’ve died,” the father said. “They trying to hide the story but like they ain’t realize that it could’ve been funeral I having today.”He emphasised that the issue needed to be highlighted, because it could happen again with worst consequences.“I have to talk about this ’cause I don’t want this to happen to anyone else’s children,” Dwarka stressed.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 17:04 , Processed in 0.110236 second(s), 28 queries .