4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-9-19 09:10:39 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Who is a policeman?According to Wikipedia, a policeman is a warranted law employee whose main focus is to serve and protect their country and its people. His or her job of law enforcement and crime prevention includes serving as a role model to all.In the eyes of Sarah (not her real name), a policeman is someone you should always obey and respect.Well at least this is what her parents taught her as a child.  But when this 14-year-old girl went to a policeman for his help, she was allegedly lured to a hotel far away from home, beaten with a gun and raped by the lawman, who is known to her and her family.In fact, he worked at a police station not far from her home.A little about SarahSarah grew up in the “country area” and was raised by very strict parents. She is not allowed to go out or even go to the shop when it is too late.She leaves home in the morning to go to school in company of one of her siblings and return in the afternoon with him.She is shy and too nervous to even talk to guys.How it all startedIn September last, the 14-year-old girl lost track of time when she caught up with an old school friend at a fast food outlet a couple villages away from her home.Scared and terrified to go home, Sarah decided to overnight at the friend. The following day, still thinking what to do, she took a mini bus and traveled to the city.At this point, she thought about going to her sister’s workplace in Georgetown and related everything to her so that she could take her home and explain what happened to their parents.While at the park, the teen saw the policeman in question and approached him and asked for his help.Before the lawman asked Sarah what was the problem, he called a taxi and asked her to get in.Without questioning him, Sarah allegedly got into the car and went with him because he was someone she trusted.He took her to a city hotel. She said the car stopped directly at the door and the policeman got out of the vehicle and went to a counter inside the building and returned after two minutes and requested that she get out of the car.She was led straight to a room. According to the teen, she had no idea she was in a hotel and thought she was in fact getting help but she was wrong.Sarah was taken into the room- there she was asked by the policeman what the problem was, when she explained, he started to laugh and make fun of her.Sensing danger, she started to scream but the lawman hit her on her shoulder with his gun and allegedly told her to shut her mouth.The victim and her motherHe pulled her hair and pushed her on the bed and sexually assaulted her. When he realized that it was her first sexual encounter, he seemed terrified, according to her.The lawman allowed her to leave the room after which she went to meet her sister. She eventually went home with her parents.Worried that her parents will beat her, Sarah was a bit reluctant to relate her experience to her mother but she eventually did.Fight for justice from the Guyana Police ForceBefore Sarah and her mother could have reached to the police station, the policeman had already reportedly informed his sister, who is a doctor at a city hospital, about what happened between him and the little girl.The doctor was already at the station waiting to beg the 14-year-old girl’s parents not to report her brother.“By the time I go to the station, his sister went there and she didn’t want us to go in. She was holding onto us and begging,” Sarah’s mother, Ingrid (not her real name) said.The angry parent ignored her pleas and went ahead and made a report.The policeman was held for 72 hours and released- he was still on the job as of two Mondays ago.One month passed, no justice. Two months passed, no justice.As time went by, the policeman’s sister was trying to settle the matter financially but the little girl’s parents refused.“She was telling us that if we kill her brother or send him to jail my daughter virginity won’t grow back and she asked us how much (money) we want but my child is not a price,” the mother cried.The doctor even cried and told the victim’s mother that her brother has two children and a sickly wife who she is taking care of.“When this girl started telling me these things I started feeling sorry for her but she had no feelings for us to know my daughter was raped and she was trying to protect the rapist.”For months, the desperate mother ran from station to station in her plea for justice but most times, she was chased from the police stations.“The police treated me and my daughter so bad. They treated us like we were the suspects. I went and I cried to some of them but they chased me out of the station and all I wanted was justice for my child,” the mother alleged.“Why did he do this to my child? She only went to him for help.”“If she was raped by someone she had liked I would have blamed her but for God’s sake he is a policeman! How could he do this to my baby,” the mother cried.After months went by and the mother got no justice for her daughter, she decided to go to the hospital where the policeman’s sister worked to relate what her daughter was going through and what she (Ingrid) as a mother was going though to get justice.“She is a woman and I am a woman and I thought that if I talk to her she would understand what we are going through so I went to the hospital but she wasn’t there so me and my husband talked to a doctor and then we left” the woman said.She added that when she went home, a jeep load with police went to her home and picked her up. The mother was taken to the station and placed on $10,000 bail and she had no idea what she was being accused of.“They didn’t tell me what I did. All they said was for me to go see a senior rank. The next day when I called the (officer) he was a pig and he told me the police wanted me and not him, but it was the police who told me to go see him,” the mother said.Still trying to find out why she was placed on bail, the mother met with a police officer at the Brickdam Police Station, who told her that the accused policeman’s sister cried and told the commander that the victim’s mother was harassing her at her work place.The woman’s bail money was subsequently returned to her since there was no charge filed against her.“The police said they only put me on bail so that I could go to the station,Jerseys From China,” the victim’s mother said.Confused and tired of the runaround she was getting from the police, the mother went to a senior police officer at Brickdam Police Station.“I went to tell him about the push around I was getting, but every time I went to see him, he never listened to me. He always tried to get rid of me by calling another police to deal with me but the case wasn’t getting anywhere.”The mother recalled one instance when the file in her daughter’s case was first sent to the Director of Public Prosecution Officer (DPP).“When the file was first sent to the DPP office, it was returned and we had to give more information but what they were asking for was in our first statement. They wanted to know which school my daughter was going and that didn’t make any sense.”A second file was later sent to the DDP.The woman only received good news after almost four months and that was only after she approached the media for help.Two Mondays ago, the DPP recommended that the policeman be charged with rape but he has not appeared in court yet.The mother said that she has decided to tell her story so that the public could see what she and her daughter went through to get justice.“The Guyana Police Force was formed to prevent crime and be the people’s watchdog but look at what I went through as a mother to get justice for my daughter and I am sure there are others who went through the same.”Meanwhile, the mother has a tape of the suspect’s sister telling her (the mother) to instruct her daughter to lie to the Child Care and Protection Agency and say the teen had fabricated the story.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 11:04 , Processed in 0.065357 second(s), 26 queries .