4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-9-21 00:41:12 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
QUEENSTOWN, NEW AMSTERDAM – It was a bitter-sweet moment when the staff and students of the Berbice High School in New Amsterdam bade farewell to three teachers on Thursday.Ms. Carmen Hardyal, who served as Head Teacher, and Wilbert Denny both attained the age of retirement, while Debian Paduman was promoted and sent to another school.Wilbert Denny and Head Teacher Jennifer RollinsAt the function, which was held in the school auditorium, acting Head Teacher Jennifer Rollins described the occasion as a poignant one.She told of them all as being supportive and as educators who gave their best by placing the wellbeing of their students first.Head Teacher Rollins joined the Berbice High School in 2005. “We miss them for so many things. Even though they would have left us, we can still call on them.”Ms. Hardyal and Mr. Paduman were both unable to attend the function.Wilbert Denny joined the staff of Berbice High School on September 1,Wholesale Jerseys Online, 1999 as the Head of Department – Social Studies,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, and retired still holding that position, on February 1, 2008.His overall teaching profession began on March 9, 1970. At age 17, he started teaching at the Rosignol Government Primary School. There, he spent 18 years,Cheap NHL Jerseys, then moved on to the Ithaca Primary as a temporary unqualified assistant.A year later he was appointed head Master of the Atonement Primary School at Ebini Water Front, Berbice River. His stint there lasted one year before he left the profession in 1990.He returned,Wholesale Jerseys Chinese, in 1994, to the Rosignol Secondary School, where he served as a Senior Assistant Master and Head of Department – Social Studies, for five years.His early life was not an easy one. He was forced to drop out of school at age 15. But, today, he is considered a man for all seasons, a mentor and a great educator. This was reflected in the sentiments expressed by teachers, some of whom were his past students.“I had to come out of school when I was 15 years old, due to serious financial constraints in the home. My father was hospitalized and in a coma and my mother was the sole breadwinner who provided for her nine children, whose ages were between 15 and five.”An education is the most important thing in life, he said. “My mother never gave up on me. So,Cheap Jerseys From China, although I was doing hard labour, she forced me to continue studying after working hours. I paid my own tuition and became successful.”He reflected that he never wanted to be a teacher, but his mother, who herself was a teacher with some 40 years experience, influenced his decision — a decision he never regretted.“Being a teacher is not easy; you face many challenges, but the choices you make must be in the best interest of the students.”He urged students to seize all opportunities that are presented, and called on them to support all teachers, regardless of their ages.Carmen Hardyal retired after 37 years of service, 13 of which would have been spent at the Berbice High School. When she retired, on August 31last, she held the post of Graduate Head Mistress.In November 2003, she took over the baton from the then head, Mrs. Marva Baird.During an interview over the weekend, she described her career as an unforgettable one. “I derived great satisfaction from teaching students and sharing my knowledge. Also, I am very happy for the fact that I have contributed to the success of many.”The highlight of her career was not only being the head teacher, but also because she had the freedom to enhance the Berbice High School in her chosen way, by putting systems into practice to improve the performance of the students and to provide better facilities to ensure that this became a reality.According to her, the results at the Caribbean Examination Council examinations as well as internal examinations improved. “I have no regrets whatsoever. If I had to choose a profession all over again, it would be teaching, since I enjoyed working with students and guiding them along the right paths of life.”She said that when she took over management, many of the classrooms were unpainted. By holding different fund-raising ventures,Cheap Air Max 90, they were able to get them all painted.To teachers now entering the profession, particularly those just out of school,Cheap Jerseys From China, she said: “Adopt the right attitude to the job, and ensure that you do your best to prepare the students for the world out there. Look upon the salary as secondary, and be dedicated. It is only by so doing that you can reap your just reward.”Debian Paduman had over eight years at Berbice High School. He has been promoted to Head of Department – Technical Drawing, at the Berbice Educational Institute.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 01:03 , Processed in 0.072078 second(s), 28 queries .