10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-9-21 12:46:55 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Guyana’s top Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) student, Yana Marisa Edwards, has been declared the Most Outstanding Overall Candidate of the Region who participated in the 2008 CSEC Examination.The Queen’s College student, who attained grade one passes in 14 subject areas, is expected to be presented with an award at the CXC Annual Regional Top Awards ceremony scheduled for Thursday, December 4 at the Hilton Hotel in Barbados.This is the third consecutive year that a Queen’s College student has been the recipient of the award. In 2006, Shirvanie Persaud copped the award, a feat that was repeated last year by her colleague, Wainella Isaacs.Edwards, during an interview yesterday, revealed that she first learnt that she had joined the outstanding league on Friday when her Head Teacher, Ms Friedel Isaacs, made an announcement during general assembly.Top student Yana-Marisa Edwards and her mom, Justice Yonette Cummings-Edwards, pose for Kaieteur News yesterdayAccording to the 16-year-old, she reacted calmly to the disclosure, but was yet elated that her hard work would see her being the recipient of a very prestigious award.“I may not show it, but the way I feel about doing so well is the way that Usain Bolt may have felt when he won the 100 metres in Beijing,” said the young Edwards, when asked to express the way she feels.“It’s like I’m gone beyond Cloud Nine to no expression, and there is no action that can fully justify my feelings,Cheap Jerseys,” she further asserted.Edwards was, earlier this month, awarded for being the overall best local performer at CSEC. She also copped awards for best performance in Science and for being the top performer at the secondary level.According to the lass,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, who plans on pursuing a career in medicine, receiving those awards comes as her reward for five years of hard work at Queen’s College.She credits her success to the support she got from her parents, Justice Yonette Cummings-Edwards and Dr Morris Edwards, as well as her teachers, a fact which was emphasised by Justice Cummings-Edwards during an interview yesterday.According to her,NFL Jerseys Outlet, Yana’s success came through a combination of hard work and parental and teacher support.“We have been there to give her all the support that she needed,Nike Huarache Shoes For Sale, and we have stood by her side right through; and, to my mind,Cheap NFL Jerseys, that is responsible for her success. We would like to give God praise and thanks for what He has done…for it is indeed a great achievement.”Two other Queen’s College students have also been identified to receive awards at the CXC ceremony in December.Suraj Mattai, who gained 11 grade one passes and one grade two pass at the CSEC examination,Nike NFL Jerseys China, will be the recipient of an award for the best performance in Business, while Aaron Haralsingh will receive a similar award for best performance in Science.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 07:51 , Processed in 0.082818 second(s), 26 queries .