4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-9-21 22:59:39 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Akola ThompsonBorn and raised in Georgetown, Nelsonia Persaud-Budhram has always been academically inclined. Over the years she has sought to use her knowledge to enlighten and motivate those around her.Nelsonia Persaud-BudhramPersaud-Budhram has been teaching from a young age, with her first gig being teaching after school lessons to primary school students. This was while she was still in high school. The years which followed saw her gaining several other teaching positions but she stated that her first major teaching opportunity was at the University of Guyana in the Centre for Communication Studies.“The University is my home and I love to do what I do, I could see myself doing much more and hopefully I will get the opportunity,” she confided during a recent interview.Despite seeing herself as an educator and an agent of change, she is fearful that she may not be able to impact the way youths and young adult’s deal with the issues in their lives with regards to their education. This fear however,Wholesale Jerseys, does not stop her from trying as she revealed she is now the Faculty Advisor for the newly formed UG Lions Club which will soon be chartered.“It’s all in the way the mind works,” she stated, “If we can learn to deal with our positive and negative circumstances effectively,Cheap NFL Jerseys, we can open many locked doors and close doors which need to be closed.”According to her, “Being a blessing to another human being is the greatest wealth one can ever experience, no price tag required.”Persaud-Budhram claimed that her love for teaching and public assistance passion was birthed through observing her mother, Dwanewattie Persaud, who was also a teacher. She however asserted that her inclination to be generous was drawn from her grandmother, Savitrie Sanjogee Rambaran. “Her last words to me were ‘always try to live a good life’,” Persaud-Budhram reflected. “I try to do this every day and through Jesus’ strength and love, I’ve been able to influence the lives of others in small ways as every day I strive to be more and more like him.”Although proud of her academic achievements, Persaud-Budhram still holds out that she never equated academic excellence with monetary success. Instead she saw it as a means to improve the life of those around her with the knowledge she would have gained over the years.However, a closed mind and an unwilling spirit were identified as two challenges Persaud-Budhram has faced as an educator. She related her hopes to reach into the mind of someone who only see’s education as a way of escaping poverty or get a job and show them that that is not all the world is about. She related that she tries to also show her students that education is not about making money but should be about creating a niche in the world.An educator, student and an all round inspiration, Persaud-Budhram claimed that despite her drive and focus,Cheap NFL Jerseys Online, she struggles with indecision every day. She said that she is not as confident as people may think and she has various challenges managing family with career.Married for over 10 years with two daughters,Cheap NFL Jerseys From China, Persaud-Budhram is however confident in her belief that her roles as mother, wife and teacher has shaped the way she views society as she has garnered a greater understanding of the patience and kindness needed in a rage filled world.When asked of her childhood,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, Persaud-Budhram described it as difficult due to poverty but full of cultural wonders.Despite missing out on many opportunities as her family could not afford it, she stated that she never thought of herself as poor and still does not. Her life at the time was said to revolve around her father’s farm,Cheap Jerseys Online, her mother’s garden, school and oftentimes being on the road with her three brothers. She claimed that her time spent on her father’s farm taught her the art and importance of growing and nurturing both nature and humans.Labeling herself as a tomboy, she related her fond memories of climbing trees and peeling sugar cane with her teeth as she stated that those activities taught her the small pleasures of life. Being around her father most of the time, she said that she never learned to cook until after she got married but regarded those moments spent with him as very enlightening.“I learnt the value of hard work and striving for knowledge from my father. He is a wealth of information and a genius in many respects,” she said.Later on in life, she gravitated towards her mother as she realized the extraordinary patience, tolerance and generosity her mother possessed.  “She would cook for hours every day and share away fruits and vegetables to neighbours, friends and family and those who could not afford it.”Regarding her academics,jerseys from china, Persaud-Budhram in 1995 at the Enmore Primary School graduated best Common Entrance pupil and in 2001 was best Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination student at Queen’s College. She further went on to secure a Republic Bank Chairman’s Award for best Social Science’s student, a Chancellors Award for second best graduating student from the University of Guyana and a Shirley Alma Paul Award for best Communications student in 2012. She was also amongst the first batch of students to be eligible for the Caribbean Pacific Island Mobility Scheme (CARPIMS) scholarship.The well rounded woman also possesses a graduate diploma in International Relations and a Master’s in Global studies from University of the West Indies.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 12:31 , Processed in 0.070871 second(s), 26 queries .