10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-10-1 13:06:13 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
“I had twenty years’ service remaining in the Guyana Police Force and I know the force would have benefited more from my studies than I would have benefited, taking into consideration opportunities that would be available elsewhere.”Dismissed Superintendent of Police Simon McBean, right, discusses his options with attorney at law Patrice Henry. Dismissed Superintendent of Police, Simon McBean, has indicated that he will challenge the decision of the Public/Police Service Commission (PSC).McBean received his letter of dismissal yesterday,NFL Jerseys Cheap, shortly after midday and met with his attorney, Patrice Henry, himself a former police officer, to discuss the options available to McBean.The dismissal letter which was signed by the Secretary of the PSC stated that McBean was dismissed with effect from December 25, 2007, for what the PSC described as his unauthorised participation in a Master’s Degree course in Global Security and Policing at the University of Leicester in the United Kingdom.The PSC stated that in so doing, the Superintendent of Police “breached several regulations/standard procedures”.Following receipt of his letter, McBean who was up to Thursday stationed in Berbice, proceeded to his former unit, the Tactical Services Unit where he met with former colleagues.He then drove out of the Police Headquarters, Eve Leary, and headed to Croal Street where he met with attorney at law Patrice Henry in his chambers.Speaking with several members of the media, Henry who is also challenging his dismissal from the Guyana Police Force said that on face value, the document issued to McBean by the Police Service Commission has not given grounds for McBean’s dismissal.Additionally, Henry pointed out that the Police Service Commission only has jurisdiction to dismiss an officer when that person would have committed a breach, is charged and found guilty.“As far as I am aware, Mr. McBean was never charged and therefore his dismissal is a clear violation of natural justice. Section four of the Police Disciplinary Act provides a built-in procedure by statute for persons who would have committed a breach of discipline to be given an opportunity to be heard and if found guilty, dismissal is one of several options,” Henry stated.He said that one of the options available to McBean will be to proceed in a court of law. “At this stage what we will do is to study the document (dismissal letter) and decide on the best course of action that will be most favourable to Mr. McBean,Cheap Stitched Jerseys,” the attorney stated.The Superintendent had personally applied for the scholarship and was successful in being accepted following his exemplary command of security personnel in Barbados during Cricket World Cup 2007.McBean did apply for special leave to pursue the scholarship, but this was denied by the administration.However,NFL Jerseys Supply, since he was entitled to three months’ accumulated annual vacation leave, he proceeded to London where he enrolled for the programme.All went well until the three months expired.McBean, who enlisted in the Guyana Police Force in 1992 and held several senior positions of command after completing the Standard Officers’ Course, said that when he started the process to proceed on the scholarship, he never thought that it would have resulted in his dismissal.“I sought permission for study leave and that was refused, however I applied for no pay leave and I have never received an acknowledgement, whether it was granted or not. So I proceeded on my annualised vacation leave and commenced my studies,” he explained.According to McBean, the first three months of his studies was very stressful and this forced him to seek medical attention and he was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder.“I was given the requisite treatment and one of it was, I was advised to continue to study because that was seen as a therapy for the state that I was going through at the moment,” he said.From then he began submitting certificates of sickness, and this was properly done through the Guyana Consulate in London.Things continued to go well and at the completion of the scholarship, McBean returned to Guyana last year and continued to serve the Police Force with full pay.Things began going wrong when he was overlooked for promotion earlier this year.Then he had his Duty Free concession revoked and there are reports that he was forced to sell his vehicle to pay the duty for another that he had imported in anticipation of his duty free concession being renewed.“My ambition is not biased. The force would have benefited from my exposure. I had twenty years’ service remaining in the Guyana Police Force and I know the force would have benefited more from my studies than I would have benefited, taking into consideration opportunities that would be available elsewhere,China NFL Jerseys,” the dismissed Superintendent stated.McBean said that if he had to do it again he would.“I see it as a benefit for myself and for Guyana, that’s the reason why I did it, and I would do it again if it comes to that,” he told the media.He did not disclose the details of his meeting with Police Commissioner Henry Greene yesterday, stating that it was personal in nature.McBean who was integrally involved in the preparation of Guyana’s Security plan for Cricket World Cup 2007, is consoled by the solidarity of his former colleagues in the force who he claimed are disappointed with the move to dismiss him.“If you do a secret ballot within the force, I think you will find over ninety eight percent of the force would have been voicing their concern for what went on. That would give you a picture,” he said.In fact, one of McBean’s contemporaries indicated that what Guyana refuses, other countries will cherish.“Here is a young man who is qualified and because of an administrative blunder,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, although of his own doing, he is facing this kind of action. No wonder our qualified people are being gobbled up by the developed countries.”The officers are arguing that instead of dismissing the officer,Wholesale Stitched Jerseys, the administration should look at other ways of discipline, such as censorship or reducing the officer’s seniority.“It would appear as if the force is against the upgrading of some while others are repeatedly benefiting from training,” another Police Officer stated.This is despite President Bharat Jagdeo expressing his desire to see officers of the force upgrade their academic status.The move to dismiss McBean comes at a time when some of his colleagues have begun to question the favourable treatment that was meted out to other officers who were on sick leave, in some cases amounting to years.At least one of these officers was recently promoted while another was granted his full benefits when he retired from the Police Force.“There are cases where persons who were on sick leave both locally and overseas, in excess of the sick leave that I took, and they were not dismissed on that ground,” McBean said.His attorney, Patrice Henry, who is awaiting a court hearing with regards to his challenge of the Police Force, believes his experience will serve as an advantage in his representation of his client.“Being a former member of the Police Force, I will be a person who is aware of the procedures, and since those procedures were not followed and it is glaring on the face of the document, certainly, it could only assist the court when the time comes to mitigate the matter,” Henry told members of the media.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 06:37 , Processed in 0.071110 second(s), 26 queries .