4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-10-7 05:56:02 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The outgoing Regional Chairman of Region Six, Zulfikar Mustapha took office in November 2006 and within a week, a new Chairman Mr. David Armogan, would be sworn in.Most Berbicians have expressed mixed feelings about Mustapha’s five-year tenure as Regional Chairman. Several persons lauded his open- door policy that had him listening to and dealing with complaints, matters and issues of the general public once he was in his office. His weekly visits to the farming community of Black Bush Polder every Wednesday brought a bit of relief to residents and farmers there, since they had an official of the government to whom they can air their views.A New Amsterdam businessman who preferred anonymity said that he would assign a ‘Fair’ Grade to Mr. Mustapha for his five-year stint.“With Mustapha, the job he was doing was not a bad job, but there was a lot of complaints that work was not being done on a timely basis and the money they were supposed to spend was not probably utilized. And the roads…for instance, the East Bank Berbice Road; there were so many promises to get the roads fixed and they spent millions of dollars and just about three weeks to a month it gone back to a deplorable state”.“I know (new Chairman) David Armogan’s potential. He served in different capacities. I know when he goes there [in office], he has to put things in place. A lot of ‘slab- dash’ work passing , but I think Armogan will do better job, but we got to wait and see. I wish him well, and I know he will have a lot of support from businesspeople”.Another prominent and long- standing businessman in the town said that,Wholesale China NFL Jerseys, “there are areas where they could have gotten things done and alleviate the situation of the people who are suffering. He [Mustapha] worked hard; he did a lot things. He had a lot of discussions with the Chambers [of Commerce] but then not everything can be completed but so far, I know he did a lot within the period and everybody wouldn’t have the same things to say.“Armogan is a very widely experienced guy. He been with the sugar estate; he knows people all around; he would be able to do a good job, with the grassroots people. I know he is going to do a good job, he is willing to speak to people and share ideas and there will be a big change for this region”.New Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce President, Mr. Imran Sacoor added his bit by lauding Mustapha for the cooperation given to the chamber of the past five years. “We’ve seen him always on the field trying to get things done. Of course there have been some challenges out there. I think he has done as much as he can do for the region and I would want to say he has done a fair job. We are also prepared to work with the incoming person because at the end of the day we recognize the most we can do is to embrace each other and work towards national development.I would like to wish Mustapha the best as he goes forward for his future endeavours and would like to welcome the new Chairman on board and hope that we continue to enjoy the cordial relationships”.Vishnu Doerga, President of the Upper Corentyne Chamber of Commerce (UCCCI) stated that his chamber participated  in monthly meetings with Mustapha’s administration and “so we were able to raise and address several issues on the upper Corentyne. We saw that as a very useful forum provided by the Regional Administration. We look forward to continuing our engagements with the region at that level and other appropriate levels. We would like to congratulate him on his tenure. He functioned to the best of his ability and we do wish him success in his future endeavours and look forward to the new Chairman expanding the work that has already been done, and to infusing a lot more to make available all the tools so that the residents of the region can receive full benefits from his administration”.Mr. Imran Hamid of the Central Corentyne Chamber of Commerce (CCCC) expressed the hope that Mr. Armogan “satisfies the need of the Berbice people… and he comes in with  vast experience in administration, and I hope he can utilize it in that field. We are all Berbicians and we are optimistic to see Berbice [take] off, and especially this year CXG will start drilling and so it’s a new challenge for Mr.  Armogan. Mustpaha worked to the best of his ability. “He stated that some of the most urgent issues Armogan should tackle included road repairs,  installing street lights and repairs to the Number 19 roadway. “ and if it is in his capacity, to the get the animals off the roads.”But Alliance for Change Parliamentarian in Berbice, Dr Veerasammy Ramayya gave Mustapha a two out of 10 rating for his five -year tenure in office “His five years in my opinion were very deplorable. The money was there and the work was not done; all the substandard works; even in 2009 when Bibi Shadick said that there was no accountability for fuel and the disaster continued. Accountability was not here in Region 6. He’s not going to get more than a two out of 10 because you see the man’s behaviour on the [election] platform; then what type of leadership did he give? The infrastructure work, the substandard work in building streets and roads; all started breaking up, and the drainage and irrigation still in a deplorable state. We are still looking for answers where the money was spent and how it was spent. Nobody within the opposition had the authority to question, now we can ask to see records”.Former PNC/R Berbice Representative, Dr John Austin, remarked that Mustapha “tried to be fair. He may not have been able to do all that he promised or planned to do, but he gave me the general impression of trying to let the public think he was working in their best interest. He was a reasonable person to work along with”.Mustapha in speaking to Kaieteur News this past week said that he is quite satisfied with his tenure as Chairman.“I think I have achieved a lot but I have to move on and where I will be moving on, it will be more challenging and it will be more directly in my field and I will be making a better contribution in that area. I feel a sense of satisfaction, under my Chairmanship to develop this region. Today many farmers are going back to their lands and our region is producing more and more and the infrastructural development has transformed the region significantly and I am happy I am leaving the region in this way. We should support the new incumbent chairman. I know the person. He is an experienced person and I will give him my support to help us to continue in the trend.”Mustapha, who will demit office next week, plans to work to the very last hour. He plans to continue to serve in the country, the government and in our party [the PPP/C]”, he related.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 02:43 , Processed in 0.069529 second(s), 26 queries .