3萬

帖子

9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2017-10-14 12:26:12 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
….after 31 years of unbroken serviceNEW AMSTERDAM, BERBICE – Chairman of the Government Pensioners’ Association of Guyana, Berbice Branch, Clement Johnson,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, is calling on Government to honour its obligation and pay his wife her pension.According to him, this is an injustice. “Brenda Johnson M.S. (1990) was denied the payment of a state pension for services rendered from 1967 to 1998. That is 31 years of unbroken service, and not a penny was given to her.”He explained that Mrs. Johnson joined the nursing profession on July 27, 1967 at the New Amsterdam Hospital. Ten years later, she was released from duties as nurse aide on an assignment to the Regional Democratic Council’s Office in New Amsterdam.On January 1, 1988, her stint at the Ministry of National Development ended.“Instead of reverting to her former position at the New Amsterdam Hospital, she was employed by the Region Six Democratic Council as Youth and Sports Officer, and was later transferred to the Ministry of Labour as a social worker (youth),Cheap Nike Air Max 2018, from where she retired in 1998.”For her service, the woman received a gratuity of $75,195. Mr. Johnson further added: “The problem of the non-payment of the state pension arose from the fact that, some time in the mid-1980s, the office of the Ministry of National Development was destroyed by fire of unknown origin, and I was told that all the relevant documents were destroyed.“Realizing this to be the case, I petitioned the then President, Desmond Hoyte,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, in 2000 on Brenda’s behalf.”According to Mr. Johnson,Wholesale Jerseys NFL, he learnt that Mr. Hoyte had requested a Permanent Secretary, Mr. Edgar Kendall, to pursue the matter and to advise him accordingly. “Mr. Kendall died without proferring the information.” Mr. Johnson stated that his wife receives old age pensions from the National Insurance Scheme and the Ministry of Labour and Social Security. “It is therefore inconceivable to learn why she would not receive a state pension, since her contributions towards the National Insurance Scheme would match her years of service.”On June 12, 2000, the then Leader of the People’s National Congress, the late Hugh Desmond Hoyte, replied to the correspondence, saying inter alia, “She has been such a faithful and dedicated worker that it is a pity that she should have problems of this kind.” Mr. Hoyte also indicated that he sought the help of a former permanent secretary to investigate the matter and advise him accordingly.On December 9, 2006, Clement Johnson, who was also at that time the Chairman of the Government Pensioners’ Association of Guyana, Berbice Branch, wrote President Bharrat Jagdeo in an attempt to address the issue,Cheap Mens Jordan Sneakers, and a copy of the document was sent to Dr. Nanda Gopaul.Mr. Johnson said he subsequently received a letter of acknowledgement for the letter written to President Jagdeo. “I got a call from the Office of the President requesting that Brenda go to the Regional Democratic Council’s Office to check on her records. She did not go,NFL Jerseys Store, but I spoke to the present Regional Chairman, Zulfikar Mustapha, who promised to look into the matter; but nothing was ever done.”Mr. Johnson added that, on April 16, 1997, his wife received a “clearance certificate” from the Inland Revenue Department and the Dependants’ Pension Fund.According to an income tax liability dated April 16th, 1999, Brenda Johnson owed no tax up to and including the year of assessment 1998. “I feel the entire thing is a political one. The Ministry of National Development was always being criticised for the laxity of giving account for the funds utilized. This being the case, I am of the opinion that this was one of the main reasons that the matter was not thoroughly investigated.”Regional Six Chairman Zulfikar Mustapha said that Mr. Johnson spoke to him on one occasion, but never returned to follow up on the issue. “I am willing to follow up the matter, but they should show more interest and keep following up with me so that I can get this matter resolved.”He invited the couple to visit his office some time this week.       Brenda Johnson
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 10:22 , Processed in 0.084771 second(s), 23 queries .