4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-10-19 09:17:11 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Attorney Gail S. SeeramThrough this “Question & Answer” column, our goal is to answer your immigration questions.  We appreciate your comments and questions.  If you have a question that you would like answered in this column,Jerseys NFL Cheap, please email: [email protected]Question #1:    My grandmother had filed a petition in 2010 for my mother and myself. Her papers were filed as single. I am now 20 years old and would like to know how long will the sponsorship take and will I be able to go. I have heard persons who are over age 21 cannot travel with their families. Is that true?Answer #1:     If your grandmother is a U.S. citizen then visas are being issued for petitions filed on or before April 2006, so your mother has a four-year wait.  If your grandmother is a permanent resident then visas are being issued for petitions filed on or before July 2005, so your mother would have a five-year wait.Since you will be over age 21 when the visa is available, you may not be eligible for the visa with your mother.  However, at the time the visa is available, you should speak with our office to see if you are eligible for the visa under the Child Status Protection Act.  The Child Status Protection Act is a law that allows children who are over age 21 to still get an immigrant visas if certain conditions are met.Question #2:     My mother is a U.S. citizen.  She filed for my wife and me in 2008 as F3 preference. How much longer we have to wait because my eldest child will be 21 years old next year.Answer #2:    According to June 2013 visa bulletin, visas being issued for F-3 petitions filed on or before September 2002.  So, you and your wife have about a 6 years wait.  See answer to Question #1 for the age-out issue relating to your child being over age 21.Question #3:    I have a question. My husband has been sponsored by his parents and five years are up for his parents over there, how long more will he have to wait? Also I am married to him but not legally and as well have a child for him. Will I get to go with him at the same time?Answer #3:    The parents are probably permanent residents and they can only file for an unmarried child.  If the parents become U.S. citizens then they can file for a married child. He can only marry you once his parents are U.S. citizens.  If you are not legally married, then you cannot come with him.Question #4:    I saw your column in the newspaper and love reading it. I have a question and I hope you can help me. My grandfather filed in 2005 for my mother and our family and her sisters and family.  He died in 2009.Then my uncle (my mother’s brother) took over the sponsorship.  One of my aunts is a widow.  I was wondering how long more do we have before we can obtain a visa? My grandfather was a US citizen and so is my uncle.Answer #4:    When a petitioner dies the petition is void.  I’m assuming that your uncle filed for reinstatement and it was approved.  Reinstatement can take about one year before getting a decision.  The petition keeps the original priority date – so 2005 would be the priority date for F-3 preference.  Right now, visas are being issued for F-3 preference for petitions filed on or before September 2002.  So, assuming reinstatement approved, you have about a three- year wait.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 06:59 , Processed in 0.069895 second(s), 28 queries .