9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-10-20 05:04:46 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
As Christmas inches closer, hundreds of little boys and girls rushed to get a glimpse of good ole’ Saint Nicholas and his little helpers yesterday. It’s the season of goodwill and Santa,Authentic NFL Jerseys From China, as he is called, stopped by a house in McDoom, East Bank Demerara.By 14:00 hours yesterday, overseas-based Guyanese Karen Jackman opened her home to scores of children anxious to get a real taste of the season. In Jackman’s home, the children found treats, gifts and an array of splendid delights.Karen Jackman and her friend Santa (Bernadette Bowen) flocked by the anxious children.Perhaps it was the wide variety of goodies that Jackman, her family and friends made available or the presence of Santa and his friend the Clown,Cheap NBA Jerseys, but the activity sparked great excitement among the young ones.The laughter and cries of joy of children could be heard from afar as they welcomed Santa Claus who distributed toys and other goodies to each child. The sparkle was evident in their eyes.Saint Nick brought gifts and party bags filled with treats for them all and none was left wanting; not even the adults. Saint Nick wished each child a jolly good Christmas.When Kaieteur News arrived on the scene,Cheap NFL Jerseys, more than 300 children had already been treated to goodies. Speaking with Kaieteur News, the group of overseas-based Guyanese was heartened by the turnout.Jackman said it was her hope that the Christmas spirit would capture other overseas-based Guyanese. She hoped they would be encouraged to join in the philanthropic activity and spread cheer to various communities across Guyana.Jackman, a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) living in Jamaica, Queens,Cheap Nike Air Max 97 Shoes For Women, New York, said that she collaborated with her husband Orelli McCurdy and her friends, including Bernadette Bowen who played Santa. Bowen also came from New York.The overseas-based Guyanese said, “We got a lot of help from South Pole Store,Wholesale Jerseys From China, my sister Randalie Clarke, Campton Bowen, Marcel Roberts,Cheap Soccer Jerseys, Patricia Smith and the friends that came to cook and help prepare for the party.”“We’re hoping to do this again next year. I have done it before but this is the first time I’m going so grandiose,” a cheerful Jackman said.“We’re looking to do this annually and if I could get my Guyanese counterparts to do the same thing as me it would be good. The idea is to come and give back to the kids.”Bowen told Kaieteur News, “I haven’t been to Guyana in fifteen years and it’s such a joy and a privilege to be here and join with Karen to bring joy to the children at Christmas time.”Jackman and her troopers also got help in pulling off the event from villagers and friends. The Christmas party also provided each child with a sumptuous meal. Each child was given US$1.The objective of the outreach was to expose children to the festivity of the Christmas season.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 05:17 , Processed in 0.069444 second(s), 28 queries .