10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-10-20 07:57:49 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
A 37-year-old Nabaclis man is nursing a gunshot wound to his left foot after he was shot by a police rank yesterday in circumstances that are still unclear.There are conflicting reports of how Sherwin Jack, of Middle Walk, Nabaclis, East Coast Demerara received his injury, with the police, residents and the injured man giving different versions of what transpired.The police are claiming that it was a result of an accident while the injured man is maintaining that he was in his bed when a rank shot him.Residents however added another twist,Cheap NFL Jerseys 2017, claiming that Jack, who is mentally unstable, was in his yard when a party of policemen who were hunting a robbery suspect, pulled up in a vehicle and one of the ranks mistook him for the suspect and opened fire.They claimed that the police went away from the scene leaving the wounded Jack, who was bleeding profusely, behind.But in a press release issued yesterday afternoon,Authentic Jerseys Cheap, the police said that ranks had received information that a suspect in a robbery committed on three men on Monday at Haslington, was holed up in a house at Nabaclis Middle Walk.Around midday yesterday, a party of ranks went to the area to apprehend the suspect.The police said that during efforts to arrest him, the suspect attacked a rank with a knife causing the police to resort to the use of force.“A round was discharged by an armed rank which,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, however,Jerseys From China, accidentally hit a bystander to his left foot. He was identified as Sherwin Jack, 37, of Nabaclis,” the police statement said.A senior police source had told this newspaper that Jack was standing behind the suspect when he was shot.The police stated that efforts by the ranks to take Sherwin Jack for medical treatment were unsuccessful as he refused the assistance of the police, and that this was compounded by a crowd of residents who had gathered and further prevented the police from so doing.According to the police the residents eventually took the injured Sherwin Jack to the Enmore Clinic from where he was transported by an ambulance to the GPHC.The suspect has been arrested and is in police custody assisting with the investigations.But Jack, who spoke to members of the media, said that he was in his house when a rank entered and shot him.“I just went humbling on de bed and de police come and tell me don’t run and as soon as I run he shoot me with de gun,” Jack told Kaieteur News at the GPHC.A resident of Nabaclis,Nike NFL Jerseys China, who claimed to be an eyewitness, told this newspaper that Jack resides in a house next to the one that the suspect was in.According to the villager, when the police pulled up, Jack who was in his yard, saw them and decided to run back into his house.He said that one of the ranks told Jack not to run and discharged a round when the man did not comply with the order.“Dey come fuh ‘Bowie’ (suspect) and dey ain’t ask nothing, dey just shoot. On to now dem ain’t see ‘Bowie’. People see when Sherwin get shoot and start running to de scene. Den de police go in de house whey ‘Bowie’ went and find he hiding,” the villager stated.He said that by this time the police appeared to be only concentrating on the suspect they had captured despite pleas from the persons around for them to take the injured Jack for medical treatment.But Jack reportedly refused the police assistance and made his own way to the nearby CCNicholson Hospital in the village, from where he was transported by ambulance to the GPHC.Dianne Jack, the wounded man’s sister, said she was at work when a neighbour came and told her that her brother had been shot.“The first thing I asked was if he was dead and they said ‘no’. So the same boy took me to the health centre where I met my brother,”She is angry that the police left her brother while they diverted to apprehend the suspect they had initially come for.“If you come for somebody and you shoot somebody else, pick this person up and rush with them, but they leave him right there,cheap jerseys elite,” Dianne Jack stated.She said that her brother claimed that after he was shot, he called out to persons in the village, who responded.Family members are calling for a thorough investigation into the matter.“If he been behind de man (suspect), how come dey miss de man and shoot he? Dis man (suspect) must be invisible,” a family member questioned.“They are lying; these policemen are lying,” Dianne Jack declared.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 02:20 , Processed in 0.071126 second(s), 26 queries .