4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-10-23 03:02:12 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– stresses his office enjoys full independenceBy Abena Rockcliffe- Campbell Auditor General, Deodat SharmaAuditor General Deodat Sharma is unfazed by utterances made by Finance Minister Winston Jordan in an attempt to discredit his report.  Sharma said that he has grown accustomed to the modus operandi of politicians,Cheap Jerseys From China, who often react similarly to Jordan, in the wake of his reports.The Auditor General said that he will continue to execute the functions of his office without fear or favour. He is maintaining that the APNU+AFC government, through Jordan,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, has been abusing the contingency fund.In his 2015 report, Sharma noted that the Contingency Fund is only to be used in a case of extreme emergency, national importance, and when there has been no prior monetary allocation for an unforeseen circumstance. He said that he found the current government guilty of continued abuse of the Fund, as it accessed over $600M for “routine” expenses.However, Jordan has become somewhat agitated by Sharma’s comments in his report.  And, despite the fact that the Office of the Auditor General has been given responsibility to protect the public purse,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, Jordan is adamant that he does not owe Sharma any explanation.At a recent press conference, Jordan said that the Constitution deems the Minister of Finance as the sole individual who will determine the emergency for which he can dip his hand into the Contingency Fund.He continued, “It is the Minister of Finance who determines that…so you can’t come six months afterwards and tell me that the motor car that I bought with money from the Contingency Fund is not an emergency.”However, yesterday, Sharma admitted that indeed his interpretation of an emergency may differ from what Jordan might deem an emergency. Nevertheless,NFL Jerseys China Cheap, the Auditor General said that the law clearly states that expenditure may be deemed an emergency if the postponement would be detrimental to public interest.“Buying a vehicle cannot be detrimental to the public’s interest,Cheap Authentic Jerseys,” said Sharma.The Auditor General gave instances where tapping into the contingency fund may be acceptable. In this regard, he said that if a seawall breaks away, if there is an outbreak of a disease “or any national disaster, for that matter,” monies to be spent to attend to those matters may comfortably be taken from the contingency fund.EDITING OF REPORTFurther, at Monday’s press conference, Jordan said that it was usual for the draft report to be sent to the Ministry of Finance for editing before being published.Sharma emphasised that Jordan is “totally out of order on that one”. The Auditor General said that there was never an instance where he sent his work to be edited by the Ministry of Finance.“There is nothing in the Constitution which requires that the Audit Office, being an independent body, should send the draft report to the Ministry for editing.”The Auditor General said that that sort of practice was condoned under the old Constitution but the new Constitution does not make provisions for such.He said that under the new Constitution, his Office enjoys full independence and not having an edited report,Wholesale NHL Jerseys, “forms part of my independence. I have never sent a report to the Ministry of Finance for editing, never in my tenure have I done such.”  He said that he will not do so in the future either.Sharma told Kaieteur News that indeed there is a provision in the Audit Act which requires that at the conclusion of any audit, the Auditor General shall provide the relevant Head of a Budget agency, or the governing body in the case of other public entities, with a draft report including findings and recommendations, and the Head of the budget agency or the governing body shall provide a written response to the Auditor General within thirty days.  He said that this response is to be included in his report.“So according to the Act, I am only supposed to give the respective ministries, bodies, and regions the opportunity to respond to my findings. I did this. I sent my findings to the Permanent Secretaries,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, the Financial Secretary, the Accountant General and the Regions. I have included the response in the final report. I have done my part,” said Sharma.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 17:16 , Processed in 0.069503 second(s), 26 queries .