10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-10-24 13:11:13 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Kiana WilburgHow does one avoid gaining unwanted weight during the festive season after consuming a host of traditional fattening foods and high calorie drinks?Champion Bodybuilder Hugh RossIt is a question I was confronted with after making the tough and certainly necessary decision, to get on the health wagon. About a year and a half ago, I started my weight loss plan. Though there have been some visible improvements it’s been a struggle, and continues to be considering how much of a ‘foodie’ I am.Christmas for me, as I am sure it is for others, is the ultimate food festival. The freshly-baked bread that’s accompanied by a large bowl of pepperpot with the aroma filling my nostrils,Wholesale Jerseys For Sale, the honey glazed baked-to-perfection turkey and those slices of well-seasoned ham, were some of the more cherished highlights of my plate.But I have changed my eating habits. Well, I am trying to. This year, I have chosen to put up a stronger resistance to temptation. But one must admit the palate is weak. And I know that others can relate to this.But based on my research and extensive interviews, I can safely and confidently share with you that it is possible to sin a little and maintain your physical achievements. It simply requires watching your diet and doing some easy-to-follow exercise routines.THE ART OF DIETINGDeborah Andrews, a nutritionist attached to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) says that for the Christmas season, simply practice eating small portion sizes and set some boundaries for yourself.With regard to portion sizes, instead of that large serving of pepperpot, have a small one. Instead of white bread try whole wheat, which is by far more nutritious, but try your best not to exceed more than four slices.She advises that it is also important to cut back on the amount of carbohydrates you consume as well as the amount of oil used to cook some of the meals. Try not to eat rice, other complex carbs and fatty foods after six in the evening.As for the pepperpot lovers, her recommendation in this regard is, “Guyanese would normally say that when the pepperpot is left after hours it gets a thick creamish layer at the top, which is saturated fat. But instead of putting it to just heat up, skim the fat off and then warm it up. That helps as well in reducing some of the fat intake.”Andrews believes that it is important to reduce the use of canned products in the form of condiments or juices, as she says that they usually contain, in some cases, unhealthy preservatives and high sugar levels.As for boundaries during this season, she advises that persons desirous of maintaining their reduced body weight can go on a low sugar diet, meaning that you cut back on adding too much sweetener to your homemade drinks, for example.The nutritionist says too that once exercise will be included, and it should, one could also employ a high protein –low carb diet. This perfectly complements a workout regimen, for it aids in repairing worn-out muscle tissues.She explains that this comes down to eating meat that has been grilled, steamed, roasted or baked with little oil, along with a very small serving of rice,Cheap NFL Jerseys, sweet potatoes and/or preferably vegetables.She emphasises that it is important to note that a serving of rice for the day is equivalent to the size of your fist. But hey, at least you get to relish in the meats.Andrews stresses that the reason for maintaining small portion sizes has to do with watching your calorie intake.She notes that 3500 calories is equal to one pound and to ensure that you don’t gain too much, “Watch your calorie consumption. If you are trying to maintain your weight,China Jerseys Cheap, try to keep your calorie intake to about 1200 and let that be accompanied by exercise which could allow you to burn at least 400 to 500 calories.”QUICK AND EASY EXERCISE ROUTINESAnd now we turn our attention to exercise.Before you attempt to do this, I would hope that you calculated your healthy BMI and used it as a guide for your goal weight.CrunchesFor those not familiar with the expression BMI, it refers to your Body Mass Index. This is said to be a measure of body fat and it is calculated by using your height and weight and the result gives you an indicator of what should be your healthy body weight.I had the distinct pleasure of interviewing one of Guyana’s most decorated bodybuilders and trainer,Wholesale Jerseys, Mr. Hugh Ross for this segment.Now if you have access to a gym, Ross recommends that you simply do, preferably early in the morning, “H.I.T (High Intensity Training) routines.”He said that this works by doing cardiovascular exercises at low and high-intensity intervals.“Some people normally walk for 20 to 30 minutes, but I would suggest that to get optimum results,Cheap Jerseys From China, try High Intensity Training routines otherwise known as HIT work outs. What you do is, you start of walking at a quick pace for one minute and then push yourself to do the fastest sprint that you can manage for just a minute and then take it down to a slow walk and hold it for one minute so that you can catch your breath. Then repeat until you have finished it for just ten minutes.”“The body is the most stubborn thing that walketh the face of this earth, and if you want results you definitely have to give it what it is not accustomed to. When you do that on the treadmill for your morning workout, try on another machine tomorrow. Hit the elliptical machine and then run as fast as you can and then slow it down for one minute. “You change machines because the body has a tendency for developing a memory and getting comfortable, so this helps with muscle confusion. This is effective because it burns more calories within ten minutes as opposed to fast walking for 20 minutes. I guarantee you,” Ross explained.Lying leg raisesHe added that resistance training should be done for no longer than 45 minutes in the gym during the evening, if you have the time.However, if you don’t have easy access to a gym, Ross recommends that you do at least 100 jumping jacks in five sets of 20 in the morning. If you have a skipping rope, just use it for a quick ten minutes and then head for an abdominal workout, the champion bodybuilder added. This he said can be done by doing 50 crunches followed 50 lying leg raises. (This might be difficult for persons who are not seasoned athletes, so feel free to operate within your limitations.)If time permits,Cheap Jerseys, he said, those can be followed by squats in five sets of 15 repetitions. He added, that you can then spike things up a bit by taking a mop stick and placing it on your neck to do what is popularly known as the “Broomstick twist”. This, he advised, is more effective in getting rid of stubborn back fat as opposed to the regular side bends.“Feel free to just do a 10-minute HIT routine followed by concentrated exercises for just about five to eight minutes, either on your arms, tummy, back, sides or glutes.”Time does not permit for us to go in-depth with other exercises, but I do hope that this guide proves helpful. The struggle to keep weight off during this festive season continues.Maybe next year’s article will reveal how well this plan worked for some of us. If you have comments and pictures to share about how you worked out or other tips you used to maintain healthy weight during the holiday season, do share them with me at [email protected]Until then, stay resolute and disciplined. Happy Holidays!
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 14:21 , Processed in 0.071665 second(s), 26 queries .