找回密碼
 立即註冊

Login

免註冊即享有會員功能

搜索
熱搜: 活動 交友 discuz
查看: 7|回復: 0
打印 上一主題 下一主題

Cheap NFL Jerseys China Dr Singh disclosed.

[複製鏈接]

3萬

主題

3萬

帖子

10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-10-26 19:18:28 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
It is highly unlikely that a patient on antiretrovirals (ARVs) could develop a resistance if he or she is unable to take the recommended medication over a 24-hour period. In fact there may be no side effects over a two-week long period. This assertion has been made by National Aids Programme Coordinator, Dr Shanti Singh, who revealed that “I think that 12 or 24 hours is too short…”She disclosed that in very mature treatment programmes, one of the strategies that is employed is a feature called structured interruption of treatment. According to her, doctors have been known to introduce a strategy whereby patients who have been on antiretrovirals for a number of years are given a drug holiday,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, because the body has to do extra work to be able to process the ARV medication. This process, she said, could be as long as two weeks, and still it has been proven that the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) in patients will not become resistant to the recommended treatment when reintroduced.Guyana’s stock of Efavirenz, one of the drugs used to treat HIV patients, had become depleted due to a shipment problem,Cheap Jerseys, according to Minister of Health Dr Leslie Ramsammy. That problem has since been rectified, and the local sector currently has a sufficient supply which will last until next year.According to Dr Singh, the patients using Efavirenz in the local treatment programme are probably the most controlled as they are the patients with very low viral loads. The HIV viral load is an important measurement of the amount of active HIV in the blood of someone who is HIV positive, and also indicates if a patient’s medication regimen is working. With a low viral load,China Jerseys Online, HIV positive patients are less likely to infect others. However,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, Dr Singh said that transmission is not impossible, although the risk may be deemed minimal.A deliberate drug holiday, Dr Singh said, is a proven strategy that can help patients to “really take a little break and come back re-energised” to be able to adhere better to treatment.“So, a slight interruption, if there were any interruptions, for any patients would not necessarily result in HIV drug resistance.”The recent drug shortage was in fact a learning experience to the Secretariat as according to the Programme Coordinator, it was discovered that in order to make informed decisions, all of the necessary information must be available.“I think we had somewhat of a challenge when there were bits and pieces here and there, but we did not have all of the information. The other thing that I have learned from the colleagues that I have consulted with is that experience really counts.”According to Dr Singh,Jerseys From China, she had to consult with not only colleagues who work in United States-based programmes, but also those who work in programmes all across the world, including countries such as Nigeria, Uganda and Botswana. She related that they were able to extrapolate from their experiences in similar settings to Guyana, and to offer advice.“I think the real challenge for me was knowing that we really had limited options…The options are limited because of how tight our treatment guidelines are,Wholesale Jerseys USA, and we have really made our treatment guidelines specific in the first place, so that we get good adherence and compliance to prescribing practices…”Guyana’s decision to have a control mechanism in place was geared at restricting or decreasing HIV drug-resistance among patients, without anticipating that a drug shortage was imminent, Dr Singh disclosed.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 05:46 , Processed in 0.067326 second(s), 26 queries .