9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-10-28 02:45:26 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
A West Bank Demerara woman and her two small sons narrowly escaped serious injury on Tuesday after a swarm of Africanised bees attacked them as they slept in an outdoor hammock.Yvonne Abrams, 32, of L’Oratoire, Canal Number One Polder, awoke to find herself and her year-old son “covered with bees”.She managed to flee from her yard and seek refuge in a friend’s house.But her husband, Robert Abrams, a 41-year-old shopkeeper, was badly stung while shielding one of the children from the swarm.He was admitted to the West Demerara Regional Hospital after suffering from fits of vomiting and swelling of the face and upper body.Mrs. Abrams was treated for stings to the head and face,Cheap NHL Jerseys, while her one-year-old son was stung on the leg.Four of the couple’s dogs and a sheep succumbed to bee stings.The Abrams family said that the bees have been nesting in a next door neighbour’s ceiling for several years.Her face still slightly swollen, Yvonne Abrams recalled that she,Wholesale NBA Jerseys, along with her five- year-old and one-year-old sons, was sleeping in a backyard hammock around 14:30hrs on Tuesday when the ‘killer’ bees struck.She was jolted from sleep when her ‘baby’ son began to scream.“When I jump up, I see a whole swarm of bees on me and the baby,Wholesale Jerseys Online,” she said.Mrs. Abrams immediately grabbed her two children and fled to the front of the house.“All I could do was ‘hook’ the five-year-old to the front and scream ‘bees, bees.’”But according to the woman the swarm pursued her.Abrams’s husband, who was in his shop, shielded his five-year-old son from the insects, while dragging his wife to the roadway and to a friend’s house a short distance away.In doing this, he bore the brunt of the bees’ wrath.After ensuring his wife was safe, Mr. Abrams returned to the house to check on the couple’s 15-year-old daughter. She escaped unhurt by hiding in a cupboard.The shopkeeper then tried to open the front gate to allow the family’s four dogs and their flock of sheep to escape.One of the four dead dogsBut by then, four of the dogs and one of the sheep had succumbed.Meanwhile,Cheap Jerseys USA, Abrams himself was beginning to feel the effects of the venomous stings.“He was vomiting terribly and his skin was itching,” his wife recalled.Fortunately, a friend managed to rush him to the West Demerara Regional Hospital,Wholesale China Jerseys Free Shpping, where he was admitted. Mr. Abrams’s condition had improved when Kaieteur News visited him yesterday.His wife was treated at the same hospital and she considers herself fortunate to be alive.She believes that her one-year-old son’s screams saved their lives.“If the baby hadn’t hollered maybe I would have been dead.”Mrs. Abrams said that they have been plagued by the swarm for several years and all of them have been stung before.The swarm was still very much in evidence yesterday and Mrs. Abrams said that despite several appeals to the Ministry of Agriculture, no one has responded to their plight.According to their next door neighbour, Carlos Williams, Africanised bees have been living in the ceiling of his home for about 25 years.The dead Sheep“From the time I was a child I know they used to be on a backdam, then they go into my home.”Attempts have been made in the past to remove the swarm, but they have always returned, he said.He showed Kaieteur News an area in the kitchen ceiling and in the roof behind the house where the bees have nested.According to Williams, every family member has been stung.He alleged that persons have offered to remove the insects,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, but have told the family that they would have to charge them to do so.Just about a week ago, Africanised bees that are allegedly being kept by a Lamaha Park pensioner, killed four of his neighbour’s dogs.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 20:21 , Processed in 0.066633 second(s), 26 queries .