10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-11-1 16:36:39 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Farmers along villages on the East Bank of Berbice corridor are counting their losses as a result of the high tides that have brought total destruction and devastation to their livelihood and to their cash crops.At the far out villages of Juliannesburg and Plegt Anker early on Tuesday were several scenes of residents’ yards and farms that were under knee-deep water. According to farmers, the problem has been persistent for over six months but has reached its boiling point, hence their willingness to talk about their losses,Cheap Jerseys USA, which amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars.The farmers are blaming the poor sea defense dam along the East Bank of Berbice which has,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, from time to time, been a major issue with residents living along those banks of the Berbice River.Gopaul Ramdatt,Wholesale Jerseys USA, a farmer at Juliannesburg said that pumpkins, oranges and bora on his farms have all been destroyed. He said that he has lost a lot of money as a result of the high tides.Ganesh Ramdatt said, “We really want the sea defence to dig. Both sides this water a come from. Pepper, bora, orange, them a blossom; the losses are high. Me loss 1,000 bora, that just start to bear. Me estimate over $100,Cheap NFL Jerseys China,000 in losses from the bora and orange”.He said that this was the highest Spring tide to date and that the authorities need to do something to remedy the situation along the banks of the river. “Because right about now, we can’t do nothing at the farm. So what (are we to) live on? You hustle you lil’ farm just to get something to live you life and mind you children them, so me na know what we go do now. Right now me gotta go look work. You can’t go in the farm now. Four feet water in there. We really want the sea defense to dig”, he said.Housewives in the areas have complained of flooded kitchens and living rooms. They also complained of water- born illnesses among their children and damaged generators. The far-flung East Bank Berbice villages do not receive electricity, so most of the residents depend on generators. The residents of Plegt Anker said that the promises of the Regional Officials have not been kept.Another farmer,Alexis Sanchez Jersey, Sohanlall Persaud, said that he approached the Regional Democratic Councilor from the East Bank of Berbice area (name given). He asked her when they would receive help in the area.“I ask she what happen to our sea dam, that ya’ll only making promises. She (the RDC Councilor) said, ‘When the last ya’ll went to the PPP Conference or who does go to the PPP Conference? Ya’ll ain’t coming; how ya’ll going to get help?’ So she actually tell we that by we not going to meetings, they neglecting us in this Plegt Anker and Juliannesburg area.“So that is what she tell me straight. She even asked me if I get a PPP card. I said no. She said to try and get one. They just neglecting us”, he said.He said that he has suffered losses of over $500,000 during every Spring tide. “It may sound impossible but it’s the kind of crops I’m doing and the amount.The water does come and throw down my sucker plants. And this is my living. This is what I depend on. So if I don’t get this here so, it means I don’t get nothing and I fall flat on my face down. It means I might have to go and thief or something, and that is one thing I can’t do at all”, he stated.Totaram Tomby is a cash crop farmer. He plants sweet potatoes, plantains, pumpkins, peppers, oranges, cabbages, bananas. “Comrade, we really need the sea defence; this sea defense is the only thing that can solve the problem right now. I estimate the losses at nearly half a million dollars,” he said.He said that he spent a large amount of money ploughing the beds and preparing them for planting and that the tides come and destroy all the preparation. “Me plant oranges four days before the spring, me spend money to get money but me ain’t seeing money. I get three children to maintain to go to school. I really need the government’s help to build the sea defence,” he said.Tomby said that the contract has been signed to build the sea defense but he does not know what is taking so long.“We are getting damage of our crops and that is what we depend on to send our children to school and everything. We doing farming. And look what happen now.This is not one time or two times. I depend on my farming to send my children to school. I have to find $6,000 every month to send my son to lesson.  Now look what happen. I can’t even get a dollar there now. The little savings you have, you have to take it out now and do what you have to do. I don’t know what to say,Jerseys Cheap China,” said Madhurie Seeram, another cash- crop farmer.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 07:35 , Processed in 0.132460 second(s), 28 queries .