9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-11-5 21:35:27 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
He paid the price for a life of violence in the United States. But 43-year-old Nicholas Craig believes that he is being made to pay all over again in his homeland for being a deportee.Craig, known as ‘Yankee’, says it’s been nine years since he was shipped back to Guyana after a three-year stint in a USA penitentiary. According to Craig, he’s trying to steer free of crime while taking care of his two-year-old daughter. But his ‘Yankee’ accent, he says, identifies him as a deportee and people are reluctant to hire him.Craig says he left Guyana with his family when he was just six years old. The family lived in a section of New York. But Craig confessed to hanging with the wrong crowd, and was often in fights. Eventually,Adidas Juuse Saros Jersey, he was charged with third degree assault and was jailed for three years. After his release, he was ordered deported. According to Craig, deportation may have saved his life.“I think it was best that I was sent home, since many of my friends were dying.”According to Craig,China NFL Jerseys Cheap, at the time,NFL Jerseys 2018, he had “a nice piece of money’. But he claimed that friends of one of his relatives found out and tried to rob him. He decided to go to Trinidad, staying there for two years. Craig said that he returned to Guyana to render financial assistance to a relative. When he tried to return to Trinidad, the authorities told him that he had overstayed his time and sent him back.Nicholas CraigAccording to Craig, he then bought a metal detector and began prospecting in the interior, but fell prey to robbers.His challenges increased when his daughter was born, and he began seeking employment, including shipping and clerical work, with various establishments. Because he had his driver’s licence,Cheap Jerseys China, he also sought employment with taxi services.The deportee claims that everyone turned him down, once they heard his accent.“As soon as they hear my accent they would say ‘Yankee’, we don’t have no job,NFL Jerseys China Online,” he said.“It’s like discrimination. You go to them with all the papers they need and they tell you they need references.”His situation worsened when his mother, who lives overseas and assisted him with money, became ill. At present, he is staying at a dilapidated house that is also occupied by a cousin.But he’s thankful that he isn’t homeless like many of his fellow deportees.“I am trying to get help. I don’t want to go back to the life I was living,Cheap China Jerseys,”The US authories reported that the United States deported some 104 Guyanese last year.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 07:21 , Processed in 0.113477 second(s), 28 queries .