4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-11-6 00:26:20 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By: Attorney Gail S. Seeram,        Through this “Question & Answer” column, our goal is to answer your immigration questions.  Many of you have questions on backlog time and eligibility – we seek to clarify these issues and more.  We appreciate your comments and questions.  If you have a question that you would like answered in this column, please email: [email protected]Question #1: My daughter recently left Guyana with her dad and step-mom. Her step-mom was the petitioner who sponsored her dad and her. Her dad left Guyana in Dec. 2010 and my daughter left in Jan. 2012. I am told that she got her green card; however, she cannot leave the US within 2 years.  Or if she leaves, only her step-mom can accompany her.  My question is: Is this possible and true?  I have never heard anyone saying this before. And why does she have to be accompanied if I want her to return home this summer for vacation with me? I can only afford her ticket and not two tickets.Answer #1:  This is incorrect. It sounds like your daughter has a two-year conditional green card based on fact that maybe her dad was married less than two years to the step-mom at the time of visa approval.  She can travel immediately after receiving a green card (even if it is a two-year green card) – there is no two-year waiting period.If she is a minor (under age 21),she can also travel unaccompanied (without an adult) but arrangements need to be made with the airline.Question #2:  In Feb. 1992, I was arrested in Puerto Rico going to U.S.A. with somebody else’s name. I spent six months in jail and was deported on Sept. 6, 1992. The judge banned me for two years.I am a farmer. In 2006, I was chosen to go to a trade fair in California. When I paid someone to fill up my visitor visa application form I told him about the issue. He told me not to worry, that it was a long time ago and did not list my prior deportation. It was the first time I ever went in the U.S.A. embassy in Guyana. They took my fingerprints and my file came up.  They refused the visa and said that I lied to them. In 2008 I wrote an apology letter to them. They replied to me and said that it will be left to their discretion.Answer #2:  Once you lie to an immigration officer to gain an immigration benefit then this is a ground for denial of a visitor visa and immigrant visa. Also, if you were deported in the past, depending on the grounds for the deportation, this may also be a bar to obtaining a visitor visa and immigrant visa.Question #3: What is the procedure for a US citizen’s husband to file for his newly married wife and her two children (not his) who are over age 26 and married?Answer #3:  He can file for his wife but not her children.  Processing time is about one year.  Since his wife’s children are married, his wife would have to become a U.S. citizen before she can file for her children.Question #4: My grandmother is a US citizen and she had sponsored my father and family case preference category F3 – Married sons and daughter of US citizen. I am 23 years old. I wrote to the visa center since I was 20 for child status protection,Wholesale NHL Jerseys, but never got a reply from them. My brother is 20. Will he be able to go with my parents and how much longer must my family have to wait?Answer #4:  For F-3 visas, married child of a U.S. citizen, visas being issued for petitions filed on or before May 2002.  Note: child status protection cannot be determined until the visa is available.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 11:13 , Processed in 0.075502 second(s), 28 queries .