4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-11-9 05:25:44 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Pepsi, sponsor of the ICC World T20 and local bottler Demerara Distillers Limited Friday rewarded secondary school students for outstanding performances in the secondary school essay competition.As part of activities to spread the ICC Twenty 20 cricket spirit, secondary school students between the ages of 13-17 were invited to write an essay of no more than 2000 words on the topic: “A cricketer I admire”.Hundreds of students submitted entries but Charlestown Secondary School student, Ashley Jaisingh, 16, of Lot 4 Sarah Johanna came out victorious,cheap jerseys elite, winning the first prize of a laptop computer for herself,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, a desktop for her school, tickets to the local ICC World Twenty 20 Cricket games at the Providence Stadium and a chance to participate in the coin toss with the captains.From left: Brand Executive Alexis Crawford,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, first prize winner Ashley Jaisingh, Charlestown Secondary Deputy Headmistress Blossom David and JaisinghHer winning essay outlined reasons for her admiration for famous Guyanese cricketer, Shivnarine Chanderpaul. “I admire him for his belief in God.  I am truly moved by how he acknowledges God for his accomplishments. His belief in God,wholesale jerseys china, his determination, his courageous and challenging personality and his patriotism are among many other distinguishing qualities that have remarkably impacted on my life from as little as age six. It is Tiger’s words and actions that I use as a guide to journey through life.”At a handing over ceremony at the Charlestown Secondary School,Cheap NFL Jerseys, Jaisingh expressed her excitement saying she has always wanted a computer of her own to assist her in her studies.Jaisingh’s English teacher, Ronice Livingstone,Dallas Mavericks Jerseys, who was instrumental in providing encouragement and support, said that she is proud of her student who has done so well.“I am very proud of her; she has worked hard to win this. She also has placed Charlestown in the spotlight because people can now see we are doing well just as the top schools in Guyana.”DDL’s Brand Executive, Alexis Crawford, said there were various promotions to spread the cricket spirit where tickets and other prizes were given away but Pepsi and DDL also wanted students to be part of the excitement.“We focused our attention on the schools because we wanted students to be part of the cricket spirit and also win great prizes. I commend Ashley for winning, it was a well-done essay. It goes to show also that Charlestown Secondary has gifted students and I hope the desktop will encourage them to keep improving their writing skills.”Crawford added that this is just another initiative by DDL to assist in the development of the schools’ programmes.There were three other winners, namely Clarence Gaim, 13, from the Unique Academy school, of 24 Crystal Spring, Malgre Tout, Bishops’ High School. Elizabeth Ojha,Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys, 14, of 71 First Street Montrose and Taramattie Shivraj, 13, of 28 Strathavon, Cane Grove, East Coast Demerara.They won tickets to the ICC Twenty 20 cricket matches, a digital camera and free supply of Pepsi for one year.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 03:00 , Processed in 0.114213 second(s), 36 queries .