9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-11-11 21:02:41 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– points out accomplice at hospitalAn early morning attack (03:00hours) yesterday by armed bandits has left a young goldsmith nursing wounds to the head after he was viciously pistol-whipped.His parents, who live next door and who were also targeted, were far more fortunate due to their quick thinking and bravery. They repelled the intended intruders by throwing a garden fork and a quantity of acid at the gunmen.The latter action is believed to have borne fruit as arrests were later made at the Georgetown Hospital.Recounting his ordeal,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, the goldsmith, 34-year-old Navinash Dhanraj, of 8 Pearl, East Bank Demerara,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, told this newspaper that he was asleep when he heard someone kicking violently at his bedroom door.“After I hear de kicking I ask is who, and before I coulda come off de bed I see three men with guns standing over me.”Dhanraj said that one of the men then jumped onto his bed pinning him down and began beating him on the head with a gun.“He keep asking me whey de money and the gold deh…while he beating and asking me whey de money deh, another man de searching de bedroom.”Dhanraj said the men then relieved him of two silver chains and a gold chain, which he was wearing at the time. He said they also took away a portable DVD player, about $50,000 in cash and his wallet.Dhanraj said that the men had gained entry by smashing louvre panes in the kitchen with a brick.According to Dhanraj, despite the fact that he lay bleeding profusely in his bed,Cheap NHL Jerseys, the men still tied him up with a bed sheet before they fled his home. Dhanraj said he managed to quickly free himself and began to call for help from neighbours.Even as the injured man sought assistance, his parents who live next door were under siege from the same individuals,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, all of whom were armed with guns and masked.The man’s father,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, Ramdoolar Dhanraj, said he was made aware of what was transpiring next door when he heard his son screaming for help. He noted that he decided to peek through a window to see what was going on but was unpleasantly surprised by the sight of two gunmen who were already on the front shed of his house.A part of what residents believed to be a makeshift gun which was left behind by the bandits. The man recalled that after he saw the men he decided to “put up a fight” as he was determined not to lose his earnings to thieves.“I mek me mind up is either dey kill me or I kill dem…the next thing I know is these men breaking de window,”.“So I just stand up with a garden fork and I tell dem y’all come. And ah tell me wife bring de bottle ah acid.”The senior Dhanraj said as soon as one of the bandits attempted to enter his home, he threw the fork in the man’s direction while his wife simultaneously threw the acid at the gunmen in an attempt to ward them off.“We aint hear no body holla or anything, but they just run and jump off the roof and run away.”The man recalled that only two years ago they were attacked and robbed by gunmen so he was not going to let history repeat itself.As a result of the defensive use of the acid, one of the bandits is now a patient of the Burn Care Unit at the Georgetown Public Hospital.Medical institutions had earlier been alerted by the police that if anyone turned up with suspicious injuries, they (the police) should immediately be notified.The shattered window through which the gunmen gained entry.Their intuition was not unfounded as a male resident of ‘B’ Field, Sophia, went to the hospital for treatment and had told the officials there that he had received the burns while “cooking dog food”.The hospital staffers were not convinced with the man’s explanation and they contacted the police.The lawmen were also not impressed with the man’s cooking tale.After being intensely questioned,Cheap Jerseys Store, the man reportedly changed his story, and even went further by telling the police that a man who had accompanied his mother to the hospital to visit him was one of his accomplices.That man was taken into custody and is assisting with investigations.Meanwhile, as residents converged at the victims’ homes yesterday, they all expressed frustration at the police response.There was consensus among those gathered that once the alarm was raised, they had tried desperately to contact the Timehri Police Station but they never got through.“De phone keep ringing out…we call 911 they put we onto Brickdam and dey tell we dey sending a patrol. One hour pass and nobody aint come,” one resident said.According to residents they then decided to call Brickdam again and were told some two hours after to contact the Timehri station. “De tell we call back Timehri because de phone didn’t working.Residents said that the police eventually arrived at the robbery scene some three hours later.However, through their own efforts, the residents were able to recover several pairs of footwear believed to have been left behind by the gunmen. They also found part of one of the guns.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 07:45 , Processed in 0.075934 second(s), 28 queries .