10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-12-17 00:37:07 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
It's been exactly 30 years since British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST unleashed "Screaming For Vengeance" — the album that solidified their position as world's greatest heavy metal band! To celebrate the event, former PRIEST guitarist Kenneth "K.K." Downing's official web site,Toni Kroos Jersey, Steel Mill, has posted a new blog from K.K. on the recording, impact and legacy of "Screaming For Vengeance". It follows in its entirety below."'Screaming For Vengeance' is still the band's biggest-ever-selling record. This may come as a surprise to many, but if you ask me why this might be, I would give you quite a few reasons:"Firstly, I would say that 'Screaming' has an undeniable completeness about it. By that, I mean a good and varied selection of songs, a cool cover and an overall uplifting feel that was perfect for the time when it was released."Timing! Now there is a very interesting topic when it comes to releases. I have a theory that timing plays a very crucial role in a bands career. In fact,Julian Draxler Jersey, I am convinced that even some PRIEST albums have been released before their time. Typically, a lot of bands have released albums that did not have a particular impact at the time of release but went on to be revered as classic albums for me! Although one could argue 'Painkiller' was just such an album for PRIEST and I am optimistic that 'Nostradamus' will follow."Back to 'Screaming'; there is no doubt that without 'You've Got Another Thing Comin'',Mesut Ozil Jersey, the album may not have been the success that it was, but I guess we will never really know."As it happened, I seem to remember that we were quite happy with the album but decided late on that we could add one more song. I know we had some of the parts but we set about completing 'Another Thing Comin'' during the mixing sessions at Bee Jay studios. It came together quite quickly,Becky Sauerbrunn Jersey, and I seem to remember that we all had a good feeling about it as it did sound like a good driving song and possibly a good radio track."There is no particular secret as to how a band puts its sound together. Quite simply, each player does his best to achieve his own individual sound and then when everyone plays together there you have it: the bands unique sound. Then, if you are lucky, the studio that you choose to use will have some good-sounding rooms with acoustics that will complement the sounds from each instrument, including vocals. There is no doubt that you will see artists recording in the bathrooms, kitchen, offices, etc.,Mix Diskerud Jersey, or in fact anywhere that they can to achieve the right acoustics, reverb and so forth that is to their liking. It's no wonder that there is such a wide variety in the sound of bands' albums. Not only are they changing their instruments and equipment throughout time, but they are also using different studios around the world and I can honestly say that no two kitchens sound the same."For sure the band was enjoying life at the time. Personally,Michael Bradley Jersey, I felt that we were on a roll and nothing could stop us and it didn't. We also got to make the record in Florida,NGolo Kante Jersey, which,Morgan Brian Jersey, for us English lads, was a real treat. The atmosphere and weather was definitely rock and roll. Although the material was written back home, there is nothing better than recording in a warm sunny climate. It certainly helped to be able to spend a little down time at the pool."Sadly, it is too long ago for me to remember the exact details and events that surrounded the making of this record. I can only sum it up by saying that I sincerely wish that I could turn back time and experience the whole thing again as it certainly was the year that JUDAS PRIEST was Screaming for Vengeance!"
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 03:53 , Processed in 0.069445 second(s), 26 queries .