9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-11-23 12:36:01 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
…says he has to ascertain Govt. next moveThe teenager who had his genitals set alight in 2009 during a Police murderTwyon Thomas, Shirley Thomas and Khemraj Ramjattan.nvestigation is yet to receive the $6.5M in compensation awarded by the High Court.“I come here just to make (attorney-at-law Khemraj Ramjattan) collect my son money…We need the money for him,” the teen’s mother, Shirley Thomas, told Kaieteur News yesterday.Ramjattan had taken the mother and the teen, Twyon Thomas,Wholesale Stitched Jerseys, now aged 17, to meet with Attorney General Anil Nandlall.Last June, High Court judge Roxanne George-Wiltshire ruled that the teen should be compensated by the State.However,Authentic Adidas Hockey Jerseys China, Ramjattan said that the Attorney General had claimed that the teen and his mother had abandoned Ramjattan, and that he (Ramjattan) was seeking to collect the money.On Tuesday, in a statement sent to Kaieteur News, Nandlall stated,Cheap Jerseys, “I indicated in the press that the Government may consider settling the case in which judgment was granted to Twyon Thomas (the genitals burning case) in the sum of approximately GYD$6,000,Wholesale NFL Jerseys,000.00 (six million dollars), provided that the victim comes forward because I have information that this person’s whereabouts are now unknown.”“The clients are here with me to make our presence felt for the purpose of vindicating me as their lawyer; they have not abandoned me,” Ramjattan stated, yesterday.“We had indicated that we want our monies and that the monies ought to be paid over,” he added.When confronted yesterday, Kaieteur News understands that the Attorney General claimed the money was not made available by the government and that he had to verify if the government wanted to proceed with an appeal of the court’s decision or if it would pay the teenager.He had backpedaled one day later after his bold statement, Ramjattan said.After the decision by Justice George-Wiltshire, the government filed an appeal. That appeal is still to be heard. However, Nandlall,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, before his appointment as Attorney General, had questioned the decision by the government to appeal the judge’s decision.It is not clear whether as Attorney General he would now persuade the government to withdraw its appeal.Mrs Thomas said that she did not come forward earlier before because she was in the North West District.Ramjattan had sued the then Attorney General,Wholesale Authentic NFL Jerseys, the Commissioner of Police, and the two police ranks who tortured Thomas when he was 14 years old as part of an investigation into the death of Region Three official, Ramnauth Bisram.The two police ranks, Sergeant Narine Lall and Constable Mohanram Dulai – were freed of the criminal charges brought against them after the teen repeatedly failed to show up in court.Justice Roxanne George-Wiltshire found that the teenager’s fundamental rights were violated. She described his treatment as “degrading, humiliating and debasing.”She had said that “the torture and cruel and inhuman treatment meted out to Thomas has demonstrated and established an absolute and flagrant disregard for his constitutional rights.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 02:26 , Processed in 0.068397 second(s), 26 queries .