2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-11-25 20:13:01 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"He's a man of integrity. He's a loyal person. He's someone that deeply cares about each relationship in that building,Cheap Air Max Tn," Carr said. "Not just the players, not just the coaches, the equipment guys, the front office, he cares about every relationship that he has, so he's not ever going to be someone that you don't think has your back out there. For players to know that when your coordinator has your back no matter what every time you step on that field, if you make a mistake he's got your back. He's going to try to help you get better at it. That is a relaxing thing."
"He has a gold jacket for a reason," Downing said. "Just an unbelievable football mind and I have a lot of respect for him, so it makes it fun to have the first regular-season game be against a guy like that."
ALAMEDA,China NFL Jerseys, Calif. (AP) — Todd Downing has spent the past two years building up a relationship with Derek Carr as his quarterbacks coach with the Oakland Raiders.
The two play golf, talk current events and most importantly immerse themselves in all aspects of football. With Downing heading into his first game as an NFL play-caller following an offseason promotion to coordinator, the hope is the strength of that relationship will pay big dividends on the field.
Hall of Famer Dick LeBeau turns 80 on Saturday and has spent more than a half-century in the NFL, first as a player who had 62 career interceptions and then as a coach entering his 45th season and known for popularizing the "zone blitz."
While the 37-year-old Downing is almost like another big brother for Carr, his play-calling adversary in Sunday's season-opener at Tennessee brings a far more extensive resume into the game.

Downing got his first coaching job at age 25 when the Vikings made him an offensive quality control assistant. He then spent a few years as a defensive coach in St. Louis before spending five years in Detroit, including three as Matthew Stafford's quarterbacks coach.
By the time Downing got his start in the NFL as a public relations intern with Minnesota at age 20 in 2000, LeBeau had already spent more than 40 seasons in the NFL.
After a year in Buffalo as quarterbacks coach, Downing joined the Raiders in 2015 and quickly formed a strong relationship with Carr that helped the quarterback develop into one of the league's top passers.
"It's almost eerie sometimes how he and I can finish each other's sentences," Downing said. "That's something that's really comfortable to have your first time around as a coordinator. You don't have to always be the one to say, 'Hey, this is the way we're going to do things,' or 'Hey, this is the way I want to see this.' When you get to share that with your trigger man, that's a pretty special thing. So I don't take that for anything less than a blessing."
NOTES: DE Khalil Mack (knee) returned to practice Thursday after missing Wednesday and WR Amari Cooper (knee) was a full participant after being limited Wednesday. ... FB Jamize Olawale (quadriceps) did not practice. ... TE Lee Smith, who missed practice for a non-injury reason,China Jerseys Free Shipping, also was back.
Downing has been somewhat coy about how his offense will differ from Musgrave's schemes, saying only he plans to tinker with it instead of overhauling it. He has a few more options with the addition of tight end Jared Cook and could have a stronger power running game with Marshawn Lynch replacing Latavius Murray.
He also will give increased responsibility to Carr, who will have more freedom to change plays at the line of scrimmage.
The Raiders thought so highly of Downing's work that when other teams came calling to hire him as a coordinator this offseason,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Oakland got rid of incumbent Bill Musgrave despite ranking seventh in scoring and sixth in total offense a year ago. The Raiders didn't want to lose Downing and made him the coordinator instead.
"It is very comforting,Cheap NFL Jerseys China," Carr said. "It's also a lot to put on a quarterback, but he knows me and he knows that's how I like to play kind of a deal. ... We've had discussions where we finish each other's sentences. Like, 'Hey, if you see this, I am going to go to this.' He's like, 'Exactly.' As long as we can continue to grow that way. Over the years, obviously, it will get better and better, but for the short time of him now being the OC, I'd say it's pretty darn good because of our relationship before it started."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 22:38 , Processed in 0.059051 second(s), 26 queries .