2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-11-26 20:18:20 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"They're good, and I don't think of them as my competition. Beating them is not my goal. My goal is to perform the best that I can. If I manage to beat them by doing dives that I'm really happy with, then that's just how it goes. I'm not really too focused on how they're diving."
Every new group of divers that comes along knows anything less than gold will be a huge letdown.
The United States once ruled these two sports.
China's dominance at worlds began at the fifth edition of the event in 1986. Riding the wave of its breakthrough Olympic performance in Los Angeles, the country claimed its first championship golds by winning both women's events (while Louganis swept the men's titles).
For the better part of three decades,Youth NFL Jerseys, the world hasn't stood a chance.
Showing just how deep the talent level runs, Xie stepped up to take the gold after teammate and reigning Olympic champion Cao Yuan botched two straight dives, dropping him all the way to a disappointing 10th-place finish.
Even when one diver stumbles, there's usually another to pick up the slack.
"It was quite a few years ago when I just got them out of my mind,Discount NFL Jerseys," said Australia's Maddison Keeney, who advanced to the final of the women's 3-meter springboard but knows she faces an uphill battle after a pair of Chinese divers, Shi Tingmao and Wang Han, dominated the semifinals.
"There is pressure, of course," Wang said through a translator, looking ahead to Friday's springboard final. "Every time we perform at an event,Wholesale Jerseys China, we try to challenge ourselves to do our best."
Bolstered by a huge talent base and a state-sponsored system that identifies top prospects at an early age, it's essentially China vs. the Rest of the World.
In Budapest, the Russians have captured five of six events so far, most in dominating fashion. The only slip-up was a silver medal behind Italy in the mixed duet technical routine, a relatively new, non-Olympic event in which men are allowed to compete.
The diving tide began to turn when China won its first such medals at the 1984 Los Angeles Games. After Louganis' retirement four years later, there was no stopping the world's most populous nation from becoming the sport's unquestioned superpower.
For the better part of the 20th century, stars such as Greg Louganis kept the Americans on top of the diving world. After synchronized swimming was added to the Olympic program, the U.S. took gold or silver in every event through the Atlanta Games in 1996.
The captured their first two golds with a sweep at the 2000 Sydney Olympics — and haven't lost since on the sport's biggest stage. It's much the same story at the world championships, which feature far more synchronized events but are essentially nothing more than everyone else battling for silver.
"They are the best country. They have the best swimmers," said Spain's Ona Carbonell, who has twice settled for silver in Budapest and is quite used to the runner-up role. "I fight to win, but it's not easy."
Over the last 31 years, the Chinese have won 81 of 119 events at worlds — a staggering 68 percent — and plenty of other medals as well (151 out of a possible 357). And remember, they can only enter two divers or teams in each discipline.
The expectation of success is passed down from one generation to the next.
In synchronized swimming, the Russians have turned the pool into an aquatic Bolshoi.

When it comes to diving at the world aquatics championships,Blake Swihart Jersey, no one can match the twists and turns of the mighty Chinese.
Over the last two decades, the Sparkles and Gel Machine has captured 49 golds and six silvers — missing out on the world podium in just two of 57 events.
Not that she's got anything to be ashamed of. Ditto for all those divers who've looked up to the Chinese.
That's pretty much the way it's been at the worlds since Russia ended the American dominance by sweeping all three events in 1998 at Perth, Australia.
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — They're the New England Patriots of the pool, two of the greatest dynasties in sports history, both on display this week in an elegant European capital.
When you're facing two of sport's greatest dynasties, silver can look just as shiny as gold.
China won its sixth gold in 10 diving events Thursday evening when Xie Siyi cruised to victory in the men's 3-meter springboard.
"There is no limit to perfection," said Svetlana Kolesnichenko, who has won four synchronized golds in Budapest.
Over at the synchronized swimming venue,Jerseys NFL Cheap, it's the Russians who dominate with their dazzling routines.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 20:01 , Processed in 0.068931 second(s), 28 queries .