10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-11-27 03:06:14 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Sunday last marked two years since Rupert Randolph Gill was stabbed to death at Parfaite Harmonie on the West Bank of Demerara.And from the way things are going, his murder appears to be one of the many cold cases that are haunting investigators of the Guyana Police Force.At least his wife,Cheap Nike Air Max 2018, Debra, and her three children think so, since there appears to be little effort on the part of the police to apprehend his killer, Ricky Gonsalves.Mrs Gill visited Kaieteur News last week and recounted the circumstances surrounding her husband’s death, which occurred on May Day 2009.“I was at home and somebody told me that my husband get stab at the four corner.”Rupert Gill According to Mrs Gill, the stabbing stemmed from a dispute her husband had with the suspect over a DVD at the Route 31 Bus Park, a month earlier.“My husband was in a shop and was just about to give a little girl a lollipop when this man come in from behind and stabbed him in his neck,” she said.Gill’s relatives are convinced that his killer is still in the jurisdiction and they lament fact it is they who have been doing the investigative work with the hope of obtaining justice.In fact, the only piece of satisfaction the family received was when the police searched a house in Riverview,Cheap Air Max 2018 Shoes, Ruimveldt, where the suspect was living, shortly after the stabbing.“They (police) met his wife and told her to call him. She did contact him and asked him where he was. I think he told her he was up the Bank,Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Essential,” Debra Gill told Kaieteur News.The police enquired from the suspect’s wife about a photograph of him and she indicated that she did not have any.At least that would have enabled them to issue a wanted bulletin.What about identification card records? That is one of the questions that is being asked by Gill’s relatives.But hope of catching the killer was not lost and there was another opportunity.Although the suspect, who was known to be an itinerant DVD salesman, was not from West Bank Demerara, he would normally visit their community,Air Max 97 Undefeated White, Parfaite Harmonie,NFL Jerseys Outlet, and Debra Gill and her children had seen him intermittently from time to time.According to the dead man’s wife, although she does not really know the suspect, she is positive that she spotted him outside a popular city department store, recently.“I saw him outside Fogarty’s last Christmas, but I did not know him too well. By the time I call my son to identify him, he had disappeared,” Debra Gill stated.Then there was another time when the dead man’s relatives thought that they would get some justice after all.They received information from the police at Mahaica, East Coast Demerara, that a man fitting the suspect’s description was spotted selling DVDs in that community.However, when Gill’s son travelled to Mahaica, he found out that it was not the suspect.Since then, Mrs Gill has spoken to Crime Chief Seelall Persaud with the hope of getting investigators to intensify their actions to apprehend the suspect.“I feel the police have not done enough. There must be a photograph of him (suspect) somewhere.At least if they publish a photograph of him people will see and inform where he is,” said Mrs Gill, noting that the police have been known to issue wanted bulletins with photographs of persons who are wanted for far lesser crimes than murder.“Two years after his death Rupert Gill’s family misses him more and more every day, especially since there is a delay in obtaining justice for his murder.“My children remember him every March on his birthday, while the guy must be walking free somewhere,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, looking at the police who apparently don’t even know him,” Debra Gill told Kaieteur News.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 19:23 , Processed in 0.067001 second(s), 26 queries .