2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-11-27 08:17:27 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Marshall has received plenty of support over his decision to join Kaepernick in his cause but he's also been the target of vitriolic comments on social media since taking a knee during the national anthem prior to Denver's 21-20 win over Carolina on Thursday night,Wholesale Football Jerseys Authentic.
"It was good to see that,NFL Jerseys Outlet," Marshall said. "Even the guys who put their fists up. They didn't want to kneel, but that's fine with me."
"Once again, I'm still doing what I believe in," Marshall said. "It's not going to make me lose any sleep. I'm still going to play football, but at the same time, do what I believe in."
Kaepernick refused to stand for the anthem during San Francisco's preseason games, explaining it was to protest racial oppression and police brutality in the U.S. Kaepernick's gesture opened a wide debate and focused the microscope on a pregame tradition that has been routine for decades.
"It's an evil world. It's a hateful world. I'm not here to spread hate. I'm not here to respond to the hate. I'm here to spread love and positivity," Marshall said. "I'm a likable guy. I was once a fan favorite for a reason. It's cool, because people can call me N-word or cuss at me or say they wish I would break my neck all they want. There's no backlash from me. Hate can't drive out hate. Only love can drive out hate."
Marshall said he's spoken with Kaepernick,Claudio Bravo Chile Jersey, a college teammate of his at Nevada, "and he said that he appreciated what I did and ... He's trying to change some laws and he's trying to donate to some groups that are doing work at the ground level. One of my end games is I will try to create a program that goes with that as well."
Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters raised a black-gloved fist during the anthem Sunday in a scene reminiscent of the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, where U.S. sprinters Tommie Smith and John Carlos raised black-gloved fists on the medal stand throughout the U.S. national anthem in what they called a "human rights gesture."
Marshall said he respects the military, which fought for his freedoms, including the rights of free speech and peaceful protest. He said some veterans have told him, "I fought for your right to stand or sit. I fought for all your rights, so I support you."
CenturyLink said in a statement on its website Monday that the company respects Marshall's right to express his beliefs but feels the national anthem was an inappropriate venue.
"It should create some good dialogue," Marshall said Monday after losing his second endorsement over his stance and learning a fan had burned a T-shirt outside team headquarters in protest of Marshall's anthem kneel down.
The termination of the six-week-old endorsement deal follows the Air Academy Federal Credit Union's decision to dump Marshall on Friday. That deal was signed five months ago.
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Evaporating endorsements and burning T-shirts won't deter Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall from continuing to kneel during the national anthem in support of Colin Kaepernick's protest of social injustices.
A trio of Tennessee Titans — Pro Bowl defensive lineman Jurrell Casey, cornerback Jason McCourty and linebacker Wesley Woodyard — raised their right fists after the national anthem and four Miami Dolphins kneeled on the sideline with their hands on their hearts as "The Star Spangled Banner" played in Seattle. McCourty's brother, Devin, raised his fist along with Martellus Bennett before New England's win in Arizona on Sunday night.
"Yes, I will kneel again on Sunday," said Marshall, who will meet with Denver police Chief Robert White on Tuesday to discuss his call for better police training and treatment of minorities.
"America is anchored in the right of individuals to express their beliefs. While we acknowledge Brandon's right, we also believe that whatever issues we face, we also occasionally must stand together to show our allegiance to our common bond as a nation," the company statement said. "In our view, the national anthem is one of those moments. For this reason, while we wish Brandon the best this season,Air Max Shoes For Sale, we are politely terminating our agreement with him."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 20:19 , Processed in 0.075625 second(s), 28 queries .