4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-11-28 04:55:50 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The Skeldon Primary School teacher embroiled over a matter whereby she was allegedly assaulted by a parent which resulted in a subsequent miscarriage, feels the matter has now been left on her shoulders to handle and that the Guyana Teachers’ Union “has taken itself out clean” from the matter.Skeldon Primary teacher Carmalita HackimCarmalita Hackim, 28,Custom Cheap NFL Jerseys, filed assault charges against the parent from Crabwood Creek. The two made their first appearance on Thursday at the Springlands Magistrate’s Court, where Magistrate Krishendat Persaud postponed the hearing to June 14 next.The teacher was unrepresented and was told by the GTU that the union will only pay half of the legal fees. The parent, who has filed counter charges, was represented by Adrian Anamayah.On January 19, last, around 12:45 hrs, Hackim said that she was supervising a class when she “was confronted by the parent, Nikita Ramdehol, and she asked me if there was a problem– that I hit her nephew (name of child given).“I told her I did not, that I only tapped the child on his shoulder for him to tell the other child ‘sorry’ and she turned to me and asked me for a demonstration of how I dealt with her nephew”. The teacher said that she then tapped the woman on her shoulder to show her how she dealt with her nephew and “then she turned and dealt me three blows in the arm,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, severely…Then she asked how I would feel if she would have hit me like that so I told her I did not hit the child and she had just hit me”.The woman then said that she was going to visit the Department of Education in New Amsterdam. As the teacher was turning to go back to her class, she was once more allegedly dealt another two blows to the back, “and I was near two months’ pregnant– seven weeks, three days pregnant”.The teacher provided the medical certificate to this newspaper showing a miscarriage.The teacher was summoned to tell her story to Minister of Education,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, Priya Manickchand at the GTU Conference in New Amsterdam a few weeks ago and received full support of the Minister that the perpetrator “should face the full force of the law”.However,Cheap Air Max Tn Shoes, since then,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, the teacher said that she feels that she has been battling the issue on her own since there has been reduced interest by the GTU. Now the teacher is worried that she cannot afford a lawyer and legal representation to fight her case, especially since the parent has a very prominent lawyer on her side as well as filing counter charges of assault, which the teacher is refuting.“She claiming I hit her on the back twice– she changed around the whole situation!” the teacher argued. The teacher said she has “been cleared” from the standpoint of the Department of Education and Student Welfare Department in New Amsterdam of any claim of hitting the child, since both organisations performed separate investigations and even questioned the children in the class.“When I called [Colin] Bynoe, he told me it’s a personal matter and I will have to put part of the [legal fees] money and GTU will put another part”, she said. “GTU gave me the assurance but like now I am on me own”.She added that she spoke with GTU General Secretary, Coretta MacDonald,Cheap Jerseys USA, who assured her that she will “try to get on to Manickchand” about the matter to find out what else could be done.Hackim suspects that the authorities “want to duck this issue” because on the day she attended the GTU conference to tell her story to Manickchand, she said “they called the head teacher [of her school] downstairs to tell her not to raise the issue in front of Manickchand and they kind of sending pressure on my HM”.The teacher said it is not fair that she has been faithful in paying up her GTU union dues and “I gotta push my hands in my pockets and this is nothing personal– it happened in the school building– and Mr Bynoe had to tell me it is a personal issue and I have to put half of the money”.GTU President Colin Bynoe said that the union stands fully behind Hackim. “I asked her to call [GTU Rep] Desmond Nelson so that I could get a report. As a union, I could then report to the Minister so she can support her and we can know what we have to do. She has not called me up to now”,Cheap Air Max 95 Sale, he said.“I got so many other people I have to deal with; so many issues, and if she did not inform me, how can she blame the union?”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 04:00 , Processed in 0.051089 second(s), 26 queries .