2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-11-28 05:54:57 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Watson brings impressive credentials to the Texans after appearing in two straight national championship games and winning the title this season,Sale NFL Jerseys Discount.
SHOULD CONTRIBUTE EARLY: The Texans should get early contributions from third-round pick D'Onta Foreman . The former Texas standout rushed for more than 2,000 yards last season and won the Doak Walker Award given to the nation's best collegiate running back.
The 6-foot, 233-pound Foreman should be a nice complement to starter Lamar Miller and help take some pressure off Miller after he had a career-high 268 carries last season.
NEEDS ADDRESSED: After taking care of their most glaring need by adding Watson, the Texans got some help on the offensive line by taking Bucknell tackle Julien Davenport in the fourth round. Davenport started 44 games at left tackle in his college career, but could provide depth at right tackle in Houston with starter Derek Newton still recovering from injuries to both knees.
Although they insist that Tom Savage remains their starting quarterback, the pressure will certainly be on Watson to develop quickly after Houston sent next year's first-round pick to Cleveland to snag him .
"I think he's a versatile guy that can do both ... but I know one thing,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, he is going to start out helping us on special teams right away," he said. "Then I think wherever he plays on defense, we play so many different packages, I do think he can play outside as an outside linebacker and I think he can play some inside, too."
For now, the Texans expect Watson to do whatever he can to pick up coach Bill O'Brien's system and be ready to compete when training camp begins.
Some things to know about Houston's 2017 draft.
HOW DOES THIS GUY FIT: The Texans needed an outside linebacker after losing John Simon to the Colts in free agency. Instead they selected Vanderbilt's Zach Cunningham in the second round, a player who played inside linebacker exclusively in a college career where he piled up 295 tackles. Despite his lack of experience on the outside, O'Brien believes he can make the transition.
ANOTHER TIGER: Houston picked up Watson's teammate, Clemson defensive tackle Carlos Watkins in the fourth round. The 6-3, 309-pound Watkins led the Tigers with 13½ tackles for losses and 10½ sacks to earn first-team All-ACC honors last season. The move gives Houston four players from Clemson with Watson and Watkins joining receiver DeAndre Hopkins and defensive tackle D.J. Reader on the roster.
The Texans added Oregon State safety Treston Decoud in the fifth round to help beef up a secondary that lost cornerback A.J,NFL Jerseys Supply. Bouye and safety Quintin Demps in free agency.
"I went to the national championship game and I watched this guy play against a pretty good defense and I saw him make all the throws necessary with all the velocity at the specific times that he needed to put on the ball,Cheap NFL Black Jerseys," general manager Rick Smith said. "I think he's got enough athleticism to play quarterback in this league and we feel pretty good about that."
"I know it's going to be a challenge,Cheap NHL Adidas Jerseys, which is what I'm up for," Watson said. "But also I have a lot to learn, so I'm just anxious to get here and get to work and learn from Brandon Weeden and Tom Savage — two guys that I (was a) huge fan of who I watched while they were in college. So, it's going to be a fun ride."
Barring another trade between now and then, the Texans won't have a pick in the first two rounds of next year's draft after trading away their second-round selection in 2018 to the Browns earlier this year in the deal that rid them of Brock Osweiler.

HOUSTON (AP) — The Houston Texans made the most aggressive draft move in franchise history by trading up to fill their biggest need and select quarterback Deshaun Watson in the first round of the NFL draft.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 05:49 , Processed in 0.076709 second(s), 26 queries .