2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-11-29 06:04:57 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Among the cuts as Denver trimmed its roster Saturday was three-time Pro Bowl strong safety T.J. Ward , a move made possible by Denver's depth in the secondary, which was known as the "No Fly Zone" ever since Ward's arrival in 2014.
But Osweiler played poorly,Chris Culliver Dolphins Jersey, got benched and didn't get along with coach Bill O'Brien, so the Texans traded him and a second-round draft pick to the Browns in March. Osweiler was subsequently beaten out by Browns rookie DeShone Kizer.
After just one season, the Texans traded Osweiler in March to the Browns, who will pay Osweiler his $16 million guaranteed salary this season minus the offset from the Broncos. The minimum for a sixth-year pro is $775,000.
Elway said there are no hard feelings from their previous split,Wholesale China Jerseys Free Shpping.
"It's always hard. I was in that locker room and I didn't agree with every move that management made," Elway said. "I hope they understand we had to do what we believe is best for the Denver Broncos. When you make tough ones like this, they're not always going to be popular. But I trust the young guys will step up and fill those shoes."
"Without Brock that year, we don't win the Super Bowl,NFL Jerseys From China," Elway said Saturday. "He had a lot to do with that year. But I'm sure it's probably been a long 18 months for him. He's been through a lot. ... I'm sure with everything he went through in Houston and then going to Cleveland, I'm sure he's going to need a little football rehab. We know that. We'll welcome him with open arms and give him some love."

Osweiler started the final seven games of the 2015 season while Manning was sidelined with a foot injury. When the Broncos' offense sputtered in their final game, Manning replaced Osweiler and led Denver to a 27-20 comeback win against San Diego that secured the AFC's top seed. Manning then took every snap in the playoffs.
Siemian emerged as the Broncos' starter last year following Osweiler's departure 48 hours after Manning's retirement. He had to win the job again this summer after Vance Joseph replaced Gary Kubiak as head coach.
Siemian went 8-6 in Denver last year but the Broncos' five-year playoff run come to an end. Osweiler had an identical record in Houston and led the Texans to a win over Oakland in the playoffs before losing to New England.
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Brock Osweiler is returning to Denver 18 months after jilting the Broncos in free agency.
"He made the decision that he thought was best for him," Elway said. "And so it's just kind of funny how these things worked out with our situation and Brock being available. We know that Brock can win football games with us. He's got a lot of experience and so that was one glaring hole we had when Paxton hurt the shoulder. So, we were able to get it fixed."
As for Ward, Elway said it was difficult cutting the veteran who set a nasty tone for Denver's defense as a founding member of the "No Fly Zone" secondary.
Still, teammates expressed disbelief on social media Saturday that Elway would part with such a key leader and tone-setter.
The Broncos agreed to terms with Peyton Manning's former apprentice Saturday on a one-year deal after the quarterback was cut by the Cleveland Browns. Provided he passes his physical Monday, Osweiler will serve as Trevor Siemian's understudy in his second stint in Denver.
The Broncos needed another QB because Paxton Lynch, their 2016 first-round draft pick, will miss a month or more with a sprained throwing shoulder.
No matter how long Osweiler's return to Denver lasts, his weekly salary of $941,000 dwarfs the $36,136 Siemian will make every week.
Elway said he understands those sentiments .
General manager John Elway said Osweiler will be the backup "until Lynch gets healthy," and the Broncos will re-evaluate their quarterback situation at that time.
Osweiler went 5-2 in relief of an injured Manning during the Broncos' Super Bowl-winning season two years ago before bolting to Houston in free agency for a four-year, $72 million deal,Brock Holt Jersey, about $8 million more than the Broncos offered.
"Obviously with T.J. not working the entire training camp, for the most part, Justin and Parks got a chance to play a lot," Joseph said. "Opportunity leads to promotion."
Ward was due $4.5 million this year but his release was a product of Denver's depth at the position. He missed most of training camp with a pulled hamstring and second-year pros Justin Simmons and Will Parks played well. So did undrafted rookie Jamal Carter,Wholesale NBA Jerseys China, who led the team with 19 tackles in the preseason.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 15:40 , Processed in 0.045352 second(s), 26 queries .